1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Its kinda sad to hear that about Kimber. don't have thousands thru mine, but it has always been stone reliable in the 15 years or so that I've owned it.

2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Oh good, the tactical ninja derp fight has finally gone to quoting navy seals...that was the only thing missing. It's like a political catfight without a Nazi reference...it always gets there eventually.

3. blkduc

15 years means you've got one of the good ones from what I've seen.

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Well there it is. I stand corrected. I have heard him say jiu jitsu, but since you know Jocko well, you know that his answer to every question is jiu jitsu. :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the input. I've decided to throw him a gift card instead. A friend of mine owns a great gun store, so I'll just let him pick his poison.

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Your Tiger's Claw is no match for my drunken boxing!

7. blkduc

I'm all about box cutta style!

8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Lets be friends.

You hiring?

:beer:

9. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Most of the guns I have are for CC. I have the Kimber Ultra Carry II, love it. It's a 45 two tone, bought it new, it's a very smooth shooting gun and haven't had any problems with it.

Stopped by Buds to bitch about my, bought new from Buds, S&W 38+p. It's a pos J frame that no one can shoot and it's laser won't stay put. While I was there, Springfield was letting people shoot what ever they had on the table, providing 5 rounds and T shirt. I shot the 45 1911 and the 45 XDs. They had a special going on: 45 XDs, a hard shell holster, 6 mags, a double mag carrier and a bag to carry it all in for ~ $425....I now have the 45 XDs. It's not going to win a beauty contest, but it is accurate and has replaced my Glock for primary carry.

It is too bad if Kimber has let success give them a bad attitude.

terminus est likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'd take his advice over yours but truth is I made my mind up a long time ago. ;)

Haha no doubt at least every other podcast. Him and Joe Rogan. I don't doubt it at all either. I guess we're not allowed to quote someone with actual experience though. :rolleyes:

11. blkduc

LOL, I never gave any advice and won't. No offense but I don't care what anyone else's defense plan is. I don't derp fight dude.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I dunno what a derp is. Metalhead? Dave K and his penny loafers?

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I like my XDs 45, I had a couple FTE's when it was brand new but it's been flawless since then. My hand did get a bit sore shooting for a CCW class after about 150 rounds.

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've stated before I prefer the classic styles. Opinions on the Beretta 92fs vs CZ75? I've read a few opinions and the Beretta comes ahead slightly. I'm looking to get one of the two.

16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Personal preference. Just depends on your use. CZ if gaming is even a remote possibility.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've got two Berettas, love em.

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Cousin Bob is coming to stay with us for a bit. Bob's a 100% disabled combat vet. He gets awesome discounts from gun part vendors for the most part. We're going to build up a few rifles for long range shooting. He likes .308 but I'm thinking 6.5 Creedmoor. Thinking Surgeon or Defiant actions with Shillen or Bartlein barrels. Not sure about stocks or chassis system. Got any experience with either of those? He likes the M40A5 but we're also thinking using a chassis system, probably AICS. He likes Nightforce but I like Schmidt. First world problems. Build time subject to parts availability yada yada yada.

Oh, the CMP has a new 600 yard range with electronic scoring over in Talladega. And lots of pistol / shotgun ranges as well. Open to the public. http://thecmp.org/competitions/talladega-marksmanship-park/

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Larue just announced a run of 6.5 Grendel rifles today via fbook. Sale goes live tomorrow morning 9am Central. I imagine they'll all be gone in a minute or less.

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I picked up an H&K VP9 last week. I LOVE that pistol.