1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The mini thread

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by backcountryme, Jul 18, 2016.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I don't have a photo handy but a bit of dremel work to clearance the location where the circular chain adjuster transitions to the threaded rod in back, and a little bit of dremel work on the front to clearance where the fork tube interferes a little bit. Easy enough and I have been running them for around a year and half or so and had no issues.

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I went the MB5 route and pitbike parts. Easy as can be and cost a total of about $80. It took me a little more time because of the rotor I chose, but that was because it was given to me, so I used it.

3. backcountryme

I took it that he was talking about fork lowers. But I could be wrong.

4. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

5. backcountryme

6. ducati culture

ducati culture If it involves mud iam in.........

How I need visuals/////// :rock:

7. ducati culture

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

never used one... but the defoamed stock one works pretty good if youre staying on asphalt only.

9. sharky nrk

So the stock XR airbox consists of the inlet tube, the airbox, the cage, the filter, the spring clamp and the cover. The cage has a built in flange that sits inside of the id of the filter tube and the spring clamp puts pressure on the cage to seat the cage against the tube. If you were to use a clamp on style UNI it would need some other method to stay in place on the inlet tube. Would this be "worth it" or any better than a fresh filter? Possibly depending on how restrictive the cage itself is, but most likely when the rules state stock airbox - they mean stock airbox including the cage assembly.

10. sharky nrk

I remember reading on one of the forums you could mod them by removing the air filter from the cage using a torch to melt the epoxy that holds the two ends onto the cage body. When it separates remove the wire mesh backfire screen. Then use some epoxy to glue the perforated tube body back to the end pieces. Supposed to flow better and be less noticeable. Still probably technically against the rules.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I fogged the inside of the box with filter oil when I took the foam off. Even with extra foam holes on top... it doesn't get dirty at all.

12. backcountryme

Honestly I have run mine without a filter for 2 years. But it only runs on pavement.

13. sharky nrk

No foam or no foam and no cage.

14. backcountryme

15. hrc_nick_11

I just run a K&N but go very lite on the oil. We have to run stock unmodifed airbox but can change the filter.

Don't over think it, its not much difference no matter what.

16. hrc_nick_11

17. ducati culture

Same here on a stock. Air box requirement
    will the uni air filter fit in the air box like the k&n ?

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Lol, fuck all you assholes for convincing me to get a mini. TTR-125L cost $1,100, and just got the invoice back for the service on it..................a smooth $1,600 additional (that doesn't count the BT45s I put on it).

Oh well, this bike is going to be the nicest looking backmarker on the block.............

19. sharky nrk

what the hell cost $1600 on a TTR lol

pscook likes this.
  20. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Service? A TTR is a really simple machine to work on