1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fueling and other questions to get back on track with the rulebook...

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by ghetto customs, May 30, 2017.

1. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Race director instructed us to be in full race gear to fuel the bike. Is this gonna stick and be our new way of fueling?

Also was gonna allow us to install tire warmers during a red flag, however, unplugged...

Rulebook has been the same for as long as I can remember, are there any updates on the books since effort is being made to bring back a series?

2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Chris,
    I'll get clarification on the tire warmer debate during a red flag.
    The fueling requirements changes this weekend were because of NJMP not N2 or WERA.
    So they will go back to the standard requirements as per rule book.

Ride safe,
    AAron

3. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

I gotcha
    I didn't hear that it was a track requirement. Understandable.

Just wanna clear up things so the next round doesn't have a bunch of off the wall questions at the riders meeting. Sometimes the race director doesn't have all the info and it becomes a whiny pissing match.

As far as red flag , the motorcycle can not be touched period. And on the far wall from pit wall. The way it's always been.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah the gear was pure NJMP - all of the tracks in the state are under the control of the State popo - so they make rules that cover everything from NHRA drags to NASCAR stuff and we get caught up in it.

No touching the bike under red no matter what, if Jim said something else it was just from being out of practice at the Endurance stuff. I'll double check before the next one and hopefully I can make that riders meeting, time was kind of tight this weekend as you all know :D

5. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

I think the rule book says a full fire suit for the refueler, can there be some lienencicy on that one, maybe just long sleeves and pants or leathers? I get the safety concern but finding a full fire suit cheap is not realistic. Other compliant if we are airing grievances (festivus), can we get better sound or a radio broadcast for hot pits, we couldn't hear shite.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We require long sleeves, non mesh shoes, and nothing plastic - so if you do catch fire we can put you out and not have your gear melt to you. The chances of a HUGE fire aren't the same as cars and even our biggest one in my memory wasn't a huge deal.

There was an FM broadcast I believe - did you have an FM radio out there?

tdelegram likes this.
  7. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

No radio, I didn't know there was a broadcast but do now. If you think there is Anything folks should know that isn't spelled out for idiots in the rule book assume I don't.

Regardless let me reiterate it was a freaking great weekend and I wish I had my UL bike for the rain race!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

No worries at all - most tracks do an FM station now so always ask if it exists.

9. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

NJMP broadcasts on 105.5

10. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Regarding the grid. Isnt it a smart move to grid HW/MW/LW? Not all mixed up like it was at Jersey.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not really an issue since the next round will be gridded on points - wasn't happy doing it on entry there but not really a more fair way to do it.

The other thing to is it's endurance racing no sprints, different mindset.

12. rob92

rob92 Member

As stated above, the fueling safety requirements were imposed by the facility and not WERA/N2. The requirement was to have "flame retardant suits" when fueling. When we were told of the requirement, we tried to get a stack of flame retardant cover-alls for the racers to use, but having full gear was an acceptable alternative for the day. We will continue to talk to the track and ready for next season. Issues like endurance pit speeds, etc. are all on the list.

Thanks for coming out, turned out to be a great weekend.

13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I have a couple of full FR coveralls that are/were used by electricians, I'll bring them to Pitt in July. By the way, read the washing instructions for FR clothing...bleach kills the FR chemical.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

PIRC isn't an issue, it was a Jersey rule because the Staties run all the racetracks so they have rules that are for all the track but are really based on car stuff. PIRC will be our normal rules, long pants/shirt sleeves and non melty material.

15. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

FYI...Grainger (or similar supply house) has one piece (or two-piece) fire rated coveralls (basically welding greens) for not a lot cash. IF folks are looking for cheaper fire rated clothing this could be an option. We have to wear these working in the production areas of the melt shops in steel mills. Just in case it's required...

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Only needed those for NJMP - however it's not a bad idea for all rounds.