1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 SV650S with 2009 GSXR front end track/racebike $3500

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Astrin, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Astrin

Astrin slug

We've moved to Santa Fe, my dad is moving from Wisconsin to Denver, and that means I need to sell my wonderful SV650 track bike so it's out of his garage in Madison.

2006 SV650S with 2009 GSXR front end
    - Ducati plastic with blue/white WiRiders livery
    - heavy-duty stomp pads
    - new wheel bearings front and rear last season
    - Ohlins GSXR shock
    - Ohlins GSXR steering damper
    - Galfer wave rotors and brake lines
    - Brembo master cylinder
    - PCIII-USB with quickshifter
    - gear indicator
    - Koso tach/temp gauge with programmable shift light
    - keyless ignition
    - Michelin Pilot Power 3 tires with 6 track days
    - Wisconsin title (previous owner)

$3500

Extra items: Repsol oil, two oil filters, Pit Bull rear stand and front stand w/Suzuki pin (both excellent condition)

This bike was raced in CCS for a couple of years before I bought it; I did some of the upgrades listed above and rode six track days total in late 2014 and last season. It runs great, is a blast to ride, and is very economical on tires! If you want to race an SV, or have a fun track bike, this one is ready to go!

The bike is in Madison, Wisconsin and I'm in Santa Fe. You're more than welcome to take a look at it, start it up, kick the tires, and we can talk on the phone or Skype. Someone is always home until they move in early August; after that it's a bit more work to arrange a visit, but the bike will be there until it or the house is sold.

Respond here, or email me: sam at bsharp dot org
    sv650-astrin-barber-2014.jpg sv650-astrin-barber-2015.jpg

2. Phil Wilkinson

Phil Wilkinson Well-Known Member

Do you still have the original front end?

3. Astrin

Astrin slug

No, I do not have the original SV front end.

4. Astrin

Astrin slug

UPDATE: the bike is headed to DENVER. Great find for you Denver-area light twin fans!

5. Xkstanhope

Xkstanhope Active Member

Hello. I'm in Santa Fe myself. When is the SV going to be in Denver?

Xen

6. Astrin

Astrin slug

It's in Denver now - Parker, actually, southern suburb.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

GLWTS Sam!!
    Marc

8. Astrin

Astrin slug

Thanks, Marc! That's really nice of you! I'm gonna miss the Sat night feed as much as the riding at Barber this October! We're actually in Santa Fe - my dad moved to Denver with the SV. Enjoy!

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Well if you ever want to fly in I have bikes you can use anytime Sam.... Enjoy the West!!!

Astrin likes this.
  10. Astrin

Astrin slug

SPRING BUMP with more pics from the garage in Parker Colorado. You know you want this fun track bike!

NOTE: the end cap on the Danmoto slip-on muffler vanished during transport from Madison. I'll replace it with the Danmoto or comparably priced one if you like.

Take a look at it! Make me a (reasonable) offer!

IMG_20160906_184651.jpg IMG_20160904_160558.jpg IMG_20160904_160522.jpg IMG_20160904_160507.jpg IMG_20160904_160455.jpg IMG_20160904_160416.jpg IMG_20160904_160333.jpg

11. Astrin

Astrin slug

12. Astrin

Astrin slug

Another BUMP here. I'm frankly shocked that no one is interested in this fantastic bike! Is it that the 300-cc lightweights have displaced the venerable SV650 twin? Harrumph! In any case, I'll be in Parker, CO on Saturday, May 6, and can show you the bike in person if you'd like to fire it up and hear the magic!

13. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

Nice bike - but I have an SV already....

Mind if I ask what model Ducati bodywork will work on the SV? I haven't been too enamored with the stuff made for SV's.

14. Astrin

Astrin slug

I don't actually know. I thought it was generic SV track plastic, but the tech-in guy at Barber told me it's Ducati aftermarket. Which makes sense since the PO made the mounting holes. Sorry! The fairing stay/tree is from R&R Racing in Illinois, great guy.

15. Tackyfire1809

Tackyfire1809 Member

hi I saw your ad on Denver Craigslist. I sent you an email.

16. Astrin

Astrin slug

Bumpity bumpity bump! Surely you WANT this bike after all the RAVES the new SV650 has been getting, and it's the same bike! Except this one is way cooler! :)

17. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Still for sale ?

18. Astrin

Astrin slug

Yes indeed. Just waiting for more turns around a track!!

CORoadRacer likes this.
  19. Donk

Donk New Member

Wish I saw the ad when it was still in WI!

20. Astrin

Astrin slug

The bike's in Denver, though. Parker to be exact, just south of the city.

CORoadRacer likes this.