1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 r6 racebike

Discussion in 'Tech' started by WANABE RACER, Apr 27, 2017.

1. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

so who has one and is racing one? What bodywork are you using, exhaust etc? Does anyone know for sure what will transfer over from previous gen for sure? I know someone has got to know something. lol

2. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I built 2 last week, with a 3rd in process now. There's a fair amount that transfers. Wheels, forks and bodywork won't. Other that that, most everything else is good to go with little to no modification.

*This is the very simple answer.

3. WANABE RACER

I was afraid the wheels wouldn't work. So looking for spare wheels is goin to be expensive.
    I was pretty sure exhaust, rear shock n rear sets would transfer over.
    If you don't mind me asking what exhaust n bodywork did you use on the ones you built

4. Blue Junk

We used New Graves exhaust on these bikes and Taylor Made bodywork.

The shock will work but needs special attention depending on what you run.

Wheels definitely won't work as the new bike needs the tone wheel for TC/electronics. You could modify older ones if you desired, I suppose...

5. Shark Skinz has body work too but the waiting list is about 40 deep right now. They're shipping about 2 a week. I just called on Tuesday about getting 2 sets. You also need to provide your vin and sign an agreement that you won't let anyone copy them.

6. Blue Junk

Seriously?? :crackup:

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

have you guys monkeyed with the new ECU? I take it there are a host of different thinks to tamper with. :D

8. Yeah, straight from the source. They own tight tails and they're also saying minimum of another 6 months for aluminum fairing stay/subframes. But closer to end of the year/beginning of next.

9. WANABE RACER

Everything I have called on is like 4-8 weeks out so far

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So I guess you just sell off the second set of bodywork to someone and who knows what they do with it?

11. Blue Junk

Sounds like the 2 extra sets of bodywork we have is worth a fair bit...

12. Blue Junk

Yes. These we're pretty full builds. We have flashed and tuned them, with active tune and
    QS/AutoBlip on them, including full abs delete. Basically a full compliments of FTEcu electronics.

Third bike is waiting on wiring harness to have modifications. It will be a SS spec build.

TurboBlew likes this.