1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage at Cycle Jam?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by El Skwid!, Jan 28, 2017.

1. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

I'm looking at the tentative schedule that was mailed out.
    In the National Challenge section at the top, Cycle Jam has a V.
    In the regional sections, there is no V on any of them.
    There is an 'FV' in the key section for Vintage on Friday.

Is that what it was supposed to be?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tentative means exactly that - I haven't had time to sort that out yet, hopefully in the next week or so.

3. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

We have run on Friday ...hope nothing changes...

4. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Mongo, any update on this? Possibility Vintage will race on Friday? Need to make vacation plans.

5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

My recollection is that Sean said yes, he'd do Vintage on Friday as in the past, and he would convince The Boss that said plan was the right way to go. I believe that thread may be in the General section, but I am unable to quickly find it.

Cheers,

Dave

6. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

The yearly schedule does list Vintage on Friday (FV) for the Cycle Jam, but that is not the final event schedule.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes - Vintage races on Friday same as last year for sure. I kept forgetting to go over it with the boss so I made an executive decision - which means if asked I'll pretend she agreed :crackup:

V5 Racer and hinshaw929 like this.
  8. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

AHRMA changed their Open 2 Stroke class this year to allow any 2 stroke this year. As a result a fair number of late model 250 GP bikes have shown up this year. Been fun to chase them (my H2 is fast but not fast enough to make up for their awesome corner speed) and watch them. If no one has any objections Sean how about extending an invitation to them to come run Formula 2 Stroke at Cycle Jam this year? I would have no objection to changing Formula 2 Stroke to a any 2 stroke class if it will help rebuild the grids and put on a better show. The 250 boys do put on a good show. :)

John Concklin showed up at CMP with his TZ750 as well as a ROC YZR500 rocket ship. Love to see those on the back straight at Road A as well.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't matter to me, I like more bikes but don't those bikes already fit in other classes?

10. hinshaw929

Looking at the rules it specifically says they are legal for HWT Twins Superbike and B Superbike and it would appear they would be legal in Formula 2 as well but I am by no means an expert on the modern rules.

In talking with the 250GP guys I got the impression they are not very fond of being mixed in with the big four strokes.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was talking about other Vintage classes other than F 2-stroke - I think I may be confused as to what you're asking me to do if you mean modern classes.

12. hinshaw929

I'm talking about 250s from the 1990s - think Rich Oliver.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - so you're asking to change the date limit on F 2-stroke Vintage?

Those 250's are still legal (and competitive) in F2 for modern.

14. hinshaw929

Roger that - I'll tell them F2 is their class with WERA. I was just trying to think of a way to get them to show up.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't have a problem allowing them in F 2-stroke either - not at all, just trying to make sure we're on the same page.

What do other riders in F 2-stroke think about opening up the years? Maybe just for Cycle Jam and see?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW They could run F2 on Sunday for the Nationals as well. I keep the class hoping some will show up...

17. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Also FWIW, I ran a 93 TZ250 in F2 against all the pimped out SVs and had a ball.

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

As a former F-2 stroke racer and V6lw racer I think they should be in V6lw so they are gridded in the front of that race since they run at the same time. Also, I would not be supportive of a rule change but let them run for fun and no points. A good rider on even a mid 1990's 250 GP bike should anniliate any Saturday vintage class. That bike rider combo should win in F2 as well. When they were more common that was the bike to beat in F2 at the GNF.

yamageezer likes this.
  19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

So just to confirm all Vintage classes V7 V8 ect will be on Friday?

20. Mike 122

Mike 122 Ride!

V7 and V8, Saturday.