Buyer Beware - Ryan Christian

Discussion in 'General' started by NoMad7700, Mar 27, 2017.

1. NoMad7700

NoMad7700 Member

I haven't been in the motorcycle track/racing community for as long as some, but I entered five years ago with a lot of enthusiasm. A lot of people have helped me along the way from beginner group on a trackday, up until I started racing as an Amateur.

Starting my Expert racing season this year, I figured it would be best to sell my old Suzuki gear, and start fresh on a well built Yamaha R6.

I decided to buy Ryan's R6 (WERA Racer #710, RcRacing710).

This thing was supposed to be a 0 mile refreshed engine build, along with a whole slew of goodies I thought would help me in my racing career. I was told the bike would be fully prepared, ready to go racing. The selling pitch was great... up until I paid the money for the bike.

Long story short - I did receive the bike with a 0 mile motor, but without an engine tune, among other things, and was told that I was going to be reimbursed the money for the tune after I get it done.

I don't want to go into much detail at this point, as I do not want to bring other parties into the picture, but Ryan has made my buying experience absolutely horrible. Working with Ryan feels like working with someone at a used car dealership - always having to watch your back and try not to get screwed. I missed an entire winter racing season with CVMA due to issues with this bike, and have lost some of that enthusiasm I started with because of all the headaches with the bike.

I am not asking for compensation for all the other BS I went through with the bike, but rather just the $300 for the dyno tune that was promised, but not yet reimbursed to me.

Long story short - make sure you understand exactly what you're getting if you do end up buying a bike from Ryan Christian.

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

First

vizsladog, BHP41, TurboBlew and 2 others like this.
  3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Did you call him on the phone?

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I would just like to point out that I have a beautiful SV for sale in the classified.:D

5. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

It's all MJ's fault :D

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

Now that's a face you can trust. :D

jrsamples and deepsxepa like this.
  7. pickled egg

What did GanjaDude have to do with it? :confused:

:D

8. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Is the air filter legal? Did he promise Carrillo rods?

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Sounds like it's time to take a shit in the sunroof of his car.

Pixelator likes this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

He's on Facebook. I'll hit him up and get him here...

11. Is Ryan friends with Melka?

dsmitty37, G2G, vizsladog and 7 others like this.
  12. Seagull sucking air filter. If that fails best the bird with a Carrillo.

I'm curious how you missed a race because of a tune. Hell I'd put a safe off the shelf tune in it for a weekend vs sitting at home. Well and a red power band.

I vote we do this fight club style except we can talk about it, on the Bbs only.

badmoon692008 and Derick like this.
  13. It's misrepresented with a photoshopped master cylinder I bet :)

14. pickled egg

To the Cannoli-Free Zone!

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Jesus I'm gonna have to go buy something from a shady seller so I can start one of these threads. Seems to be all the rage lately.

VFR#52, vizsladog, BHP41 and 4 others like this.
  16. I didn't rip you off yet, allegations aside. We have our first match up :)

pickled egg likes this.
  17. It might be worth the $300 just for entertainment. Someone start a free Ryan gofundme

Bypass likes this.
  18. pickled egg

:crackup:

19. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

All you told us was it didn't have a tune you were informed it did. Which in many respects isn't that bad. My last purchase didn't have a air filter installed, wrong upper triple, wiring from hell, a bazzaz that wouldn't connect, etc. People suck

motoracer1100 likes this.
  20. Um, that's the hot setup. You may call it wiring from hell, we call it creative wiring to avoid being caught cheating. You are sitting on a one off gold mine and don't even realize it.

TurboBlew likes this.