1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by twodocs, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I took it as his comment was about MadBrad. I wasn't around in those days, but I guess that guy could whip it up in here?

deepsxepa likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

At the end of the day (and I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone here, I'm just speaking in generalities) racing is racing, and for as long as people have been racing sometimes people will try to get an edge on the competition. We've ALL seen and heard things in the pits, shit happens, sometimes people get caught. Whether it's because they were intentionally trying to get away with something or if it was because they were completely oblivious to something, and it was purely just oversight..end of the day the result is still the same if you get caught. I had a buddy get DQ'd simply because in his rush to get ready for his next race he forgot to swap out his wheels that had slicks on them from the previous race for ones with DOTs and he was DQ'd afterwards. When I first started racing I entered a couple of events with front forks on my bike that I KNEW were not legal for the class, but I also knew that I wasn't going to finish anywhere remotely close to the front in those races, so not like anyone would likely protest me, but even if they did I wouldn't have cared for obvious reasons.

It's a taboo subject to be sure and I'd be willing to wager that it happens ALOT more than anyone knows because you only hear about it when people are caught...and when it does happen we usually end up beating the topic to death on here.

Oh, and I'll be the first to admit, that whole R6 air filter/box rules legality thing has confused the hell out of me over the years.....makes me glad I ride a Suzuki :crackup:

3. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

thats like saying bike week has lots of bikes.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I could be wrong but I believe that Mr. Slider used some sarcasm on you. :D

Slider82 likes this.
  5. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I remember Herrin doing the same. Hayes has been on here but never really got any hate, that I remember. Who could hate on JH1? Well, maybe the accent...:D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree, no problem with making fun of Josh Hayes SoCal accent :D

7. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Big time.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm sure it won't be the last time.:D

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think I remember back in his earlier days, maybe like 2007'ish?, after Herrin took some flack on here for his overt Redbull promotions in post race interviews a couple races later didn't he do his post race interview with one of these on his head loaded with 2 Redbull cans? :crackup:

[​IMG]

TurboBlew and slimjim00 like this.
  10. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

the question wasnt about MM nor was my reply to it.

not a big fan of MM but have huge respect for him as a rider even though he disobeyed my orders on at least one occasion lol (which i also respect in a way ;-)

11. Slider82

Panther City is never around when you need him to post that "Whoosh" graphic.

12. Blackbeener

Blackbeener Well-Known Member

13. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

you asked..

14. six6two

six6two AWD

How quickly we forget.... In 2012 the P1A R6 made one hell of a run to the stripe after Pascarella launched that thing out of the chicane like his life depended on it!

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Jesus. :crackup:

Slider82 likes this.
  16. Slider82

Well, it sure is easy to see why you're still holding a grudge against Brad after all this time.:crackup:

17. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

Papa and DaveK too for letting him go on for so long! lol

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He's kicking back in a sort of semi retirement doing his thing. Doing his thing like a mother trucking pimp.

Yeah, whatever. :rolleyes:

Dude, there was a lot more than just them. :D We used to be on the reading list of some pretty heavy people in the industry and some serious riders and team managers. :crackup:

vizsladog and Slider82 like this.
  19. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Seems to be a lot of shit over something that won't show a bit of power difference if you compared them back to back on the dyno. Insanity.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A dyno isn't Daytona - something that flows more air will be a lot of power.

backcountryme likes this.