1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beer cheese

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Last weekend a buddy came by the house with a big tub of homemade beer cheese. He said that he knows I am originally from the upper Midwest and thought I may appreciate it.

It has been in the fridge until tonight because I didn't have pretzels.

I now have pretzels and I'm eating it like an Ethiopian after Lent!

For those of you who know of what I speak, post up your recipes or tell your tales. It's manna from heaven!

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Served with pretzel bites @ Culinary Dropout at Hard Rock Vegas......one of the best I've ever had.

[​IMG]

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I don't eat gluten, and when people ask me if I miss bread, I say no. I miss beer cheese soup. Might be the best thing ever.

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That Staub ramekin is precious.
    Is this stuff better than swiss fondue?
    (Why am I certain the answers will be funny?)

5. Is it made with Velveeta?

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Only the slop they serve with nachos at the movie theater is made with Velveeta :D :D :D

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

What's this yankee slop?

(Looks damn good!)

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Wisconsin fried cheese curd is the shit. The horse and plow in Kohler is the place to get them too. MMMMMMM. Their beer cheese soup is damn good too. And Broome, GTFO with that velveeta talk.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I've only been to WI once when I had some meetings in Milwaukee but even knowing exactly what state I was in I was still surprised that they sold cheese even in the gift shops right next to the gate at the airport, lol.

backcountryme likes this.
  10. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Want the best fried curds, go find the local small town fair or 4H event and get them there.

Funkm05, beac83 and stk0308 like this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Fresh cheese curds are one of the few things I miss since leaving Wisconsin. You have to love food that squeaks when you eat it.

pscook, ChuckS and stk0308 like this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Never go full beer snob.

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Thought this was about some drunk chicks.

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I've not had fondue in a while to compare....and last I did I don't think it was remarkable example of it. But just from recollection I'd have to give it to the beer cheese dip. The combo with the pretzel bites tough to beat :D

Is that what they refer to the stuff they regurgitate on the sidewalk after a night at the club ehhh?

[​IMG]

Sabre699 likes this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Just beautiful...cigarette, beer in hand and the ever protective fucking open shoes. 2xidb positioning also.

16. dsapsis

OK, so, not funny. Can we go back to this beer cheese? I like both those products ( and pretzels too). What's up with that dip? :beer:

17. Dits

18. dsapsis

So: Cheddar, garlic, dry mustard, and worchestershire, with stale beer for thinning ( I don't think you'd taste one dash of cayenne sauce in 2# of cheese). Sounds OK. Some other recipes I saw included some horrid ingredients. :D

19. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Go for the beer cheese soup. From just reading your posts here, you could elevate that into a really spectactular meal with a good ale, a good mix of cheeses, and maybe some homemade smoked sausage thrown in. It's a meal made for Wisconsin winters.

20. Dits

Nothing wrong with the soup! I love it too.