1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody switch from Verizon to Sprint

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Feb 28, 2017.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Tired of these stupid ass $200 plus a month cell bills. Thinking about switching to sprint? Whats the service like and how do they do new phones when you get an upgrade?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

One of my phones (the one my wife uses) is Sprint. Had them for almost a decade and a half and I don't hate them. In fact, I don't think about them much at all and I guess that's "praise" for a cell phone company.

Do you travel to europe or outside the US?

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i've had Sprint since i was 16. they used to do the 2 year upgrade thing, no longer i don't think. plan is cheaper, but now phones are stupid expensive. fuck putting a $30 charge on my bill every month, and fuck paying $700 outright for a phone. last two phones, i bought "basically new" ones off craigslist dudes for half price.

beyond that... service is AIIT. verizon still better i think, but its hardly noticeable any more. in college it was still pretty noticeable the times where my buddies would have service and i'd drop a call.

took it to canada last summer, worked perfectly fine free of charge (up to 1GB of data, but free text/calls). will work in like 30 other countries for free too. ONLY other thing... and i don't know if this is still the case because its been years, but back in 08'-09', Sprint would not work at all in South Dakota. like literally, you cross the border, it stops working, you cross the border back into Wyoming even in the middle of fucking nothing, and you get service again. something at the time about Sprint having a monopoly on the region with Nextel and shit and all the oil/farm/construction dudes, so they made Sprint give up this service? maybe that's gone and done now? but i'm not sure. other than that... no complaints.

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Hey the Verizon guy switched, how bad could it be? :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

notice how he downplays the 1% difference & that hes a compensated endorser...lol. Sprint blows goats!

Have you negotiated with Verizon?

badmoon692008 and assjuice cyrus like this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Anybody got a link to a comparison of coverage maps? Last time I checked a couple years ago, signal strength at my house, Sprint signal dropped off as you traveled down the hill to my house.

7. assjuice cyrus

No travel outside the U.S. for me. I don't even fly, fuck a plane!!!!!!!!!!!

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Sprint? T-Mobile man. They're basically #2 to Verizon now in coverage, with technically a faster 4G LTE network.

9. assjuice cyrus

Yea, that's like talking to a blonde, female, brick wall....

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Switched from ATT to Sprint and regretted it from the first day. Contract up and went with T Mobile and it has been the best of the 3. Coverage, price, phone, data, Canada included. All good
    Cheers
    Barry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ekraft84 likes this.
  11. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

we are thinking about switching to tmobile. sprint service sucks in florida

ekraft84 and TurboBlew like this.
  12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

10yrs with those basturds. Cant even carry a phone call on 95, 75 or 10 without dropping service.

vizsladog likes this.
  13. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

How many lines?

14. assjuice cyrus

3 phones 1 tablet

15. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

The new unlimited is $45 per line. That's a little better.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's always great when the check is big enough. I know how much Verizon paid that guy so expect your Sprint service to get more expensive the longer they use him.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yep.

18. assjuice cyrus

They told us are bill would go up another 40 plus bucks a month.

19. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

I was with Verizon. went to Sprint and now back on Verizon. I live in a big city and service with Sprint was horrible. I couldn't ever stream anything unless I was connected to wifi. Even my gps in city would lag out. Felt like ethernet speed at best . I even took my brand new galaxy tab 2 into a store and these idiots claimed my phone and tablet processors were old and that's why the service is so bad. Funny part is I had the newest phone and tablet they offered . Saw 3 other customers come in bitching about the same damn thing. So annoyed I canceled and paid off my contract and went back to Verizon. Yes the bill is more , but soo worth paying more for reliable connectivity .

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

4 devices. That's $180 plus governmental fees...roughly $200.