1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Mongo, Jan 7, 2011.

1. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

B Superbike, instead of B Superstock.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Brembo is not legal. The stock masters work fine and are an option for hundreds of racers for many many years of the rumor mill saying they're bad for racing. But your option is simple - we have Superbike classes you're totally legal for. B Superbike, A Superbike, Formula 1.

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Stock (latest version, since the recall) GSX-R master works fine, with aftermarket lines/pads. Hurt plenty of peoples' feelings on the brakes.

You would likely want to freshen the fluid somewhat regularly, but that's good maintenance on any race bike.

rk97 and dsmitty37 like this.
  4. I'll try it again. I have stainless lines with Vesrah SRJL-XX pads. If for some reason I'm still not comfortable with it am I able to use a R6 stock master cylinder and stay superstock? Thanks.

5. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Stainless lines and the Vesrah pads are fine. Has to be a stock Suzuki master cylinder to run C or B Superstock

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Has to be whatever came on that specific model - given that so many of them use the same Nissin model master (or whatever) you can use one from another brand of bike but it still has to be the same as the stock one on your bike.

7. punchsponge

punchsponge Well-Known Member

It seems like I go through this every year - and then a second time because I get confused before Mid Ohio - then blow up a motor and don't race this bike anyway. Never should have sold the SV... Anyway, what are the best (2,3) classes for a Novice riding a Moriwaki MD250H? Formula 3 seems pretty straight forward. Would be overpowered, but legal, in Formula 2 Novice, it seems. Clubman Novice appears to work. A case might be made for E Superbike Novice. Is it possible that a tiny bike like this with a 180lb guy on it isn't going to be competitive anywhere? Thanks for your time. JE

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Clubman or F3 are the starting point - they run at the same time so you have to pick one. Then up to D Superbike. Then F2 and LW Twins.

They can be competitive in all of them really - that comes down to the riding :D

9. punchsponge

Okay, thanks. I know more than a few guys on RS125s who can smoke me, and I know what kind of times the Cubman bikes run at Mid Ohio, so it looks like Clubman Novice is for me. Here's a question, though: why D Superbike instead of E Superbike? Point taken about the riding. :)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is no E Superbike, only Superstock and the Moriwaki isn't a street bike so only Formula based classes (and ones where I've allowed Formula based singles).

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That and even against a superbike 300 the Moriwaki is a much faster machine.

12. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Probably the confusion is in the fact that the rulebook lists E Superbike:

E SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE and E SUPERBIKE EXPERT & NOVICE

Up to 350cc 4-stroke air or water-cooled twins

Up to 375cc 4-stroke air or water-cooled singles

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, when the hell did I do that???

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fixed it, thanks for the heads up. Either way the Moriwaki not being a street bike wouldn't work in a Superbike class unless it's specifically allowed.

15. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Kind of wish it did exist though, have a shot at riding an RC390 that's not SS legal that would have fit very well in ESB.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not enough built 300's to justify it. Maybe somewhere down the line.

17. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Totally understand that. Believe me, I'm not asking for a Broome rule. :crackup:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

19. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Bump up to D-sb.

20. punchsponge

Okay, it's settled then: Clubman Novice and D Superbike Novice. Good. :) And thanks for that, DaveB - that was exactly where I was looking.