1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women's March

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Not being an ass here but I dont think you read the whole link:

Among Americans overall, nearly three-quarters (74 percent) want abortion restricted to, at most, the first trimester. Among those who want restrictions, 74 percent want the Supreme Court to rule in favor of those restrictions. This equates to about 55 percent of Americans who support such action by the court.

In fact, nearly six in 10 (59 percent) say it is either an immediate priority (34 percent), or is an important one (25 percent), to limit abortion to the first trimester. This includes 78 percent of Republicans and almost half of Democrats (47 percent). Even among those who identify as pro-choice, more than four in 10 say restricting abortion is an immediate priority or important (44 percent).

2. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You know the great thing about abortions?

No one makes you have one.

So if no one is making you have one, your feelings about when they should or should not be allowed are applicable only in your own decision to have or not have one.

See?

4. Fonda Dix

its interesting that you see that gallup as a simple question. Its not. It has its own qualifier built right in plus the largest group is those who support some restriction. However, lets assume ALL Americans think abortion should be legal in all circumstances. Does that make it right? What if all Americans wanted to eliminate every red headed child at birth, is that ok? Its what the public wants.

The majority of Romans enjoyed watching Christians being murdered and tortured in the coliseums.
    Large number of Catholics supported the Inquisition.
    There was a very high number of Germans who approved of murdering Jews.

Using public opinion to determine what is right or wrong is probably not wise. If we let public opinion set policy on this, why not let the public opinion set policy on everything?

5. Fonda Dix

Slight changes to your wording points out the ridiculousness of those words.

6. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

No.

I know you have a very specific experience, but that doesn't change the fact that we are terminating a life. Perhaps we are choosing one life over another, but still a life. Now, queue the arguments that he/she isn't a life.....

7. R1Racer99

So yea or nay on rape abortions? And the possibility of the mother dying.

8. pickled egg

We? There's no "we" here. The person in the stirrups and the willing Doctor of her choice are terminating a life. Not you and me and some beer-guzzling buddies from the VFW.

Yes, I have very specific circumstances that I dealt with. So what? According to every medical ethicist on the face of the earth that doesn't donate to the "billboard people", deciding to terminate would have been a prudent and proper decision.

Where's it get murky? Because it is NOT the medical ethicists, the religious whack jobs or the fetal tissue farmers' decision to make.

Just as it's none of your business if we had chosen poorly.

So my question is, what is it about fetal life that makes your opinions more relevant than the opinions of the people actually involved in the decision?

9. pickled egg

Don't forget selective abortion for multiple pregnancies. Sacrificing one to save the other. That's getting into some King Solomon philosophy shit right there. ;)

10. Fonda Dix

because some people feel a responsibility to protect the innocent and defenseless.

11. Fonda Dix

I love how pro abortion folks always bring up the extremely rare outliers to justify the murder of over 50 million.

12. R1Racer99

Some people just think it's goo, I have a hard time disagreeing considering I can't remember a thing before I was 2 or 3.

13. pickled egg

I love how pro-lifers call anyone who dares challenge their sticking their noses into others' business "pro-abortion"...

14. pickled egg

Is that it? Or is it imposing your set of morals onto others?

TXFZ1 likes this.
  15. Fonda Dix

I dont know. Sorry to go all Godwin but what fucking moral high horse were we on at Nuremberg? Why didnt we just mind our own business? We were not Germans or Jews so we should just butt out huh?

16. Fonda Dix

I love how pro abortion people call anyone who dares point out their murders as "not minding their own business"

We can do this all day.

17. pickled egg

Yeah. You went Godwin's alright.

If you can't discern the difference, nothing I can say will help you, Wilhelm. :moon:

18. pickled egg

You'll have to do it with yourself. Say a prayer for all those knuckle babies you killed with Kleenex. ;)

19. Fonda Dix

Yup we will just have to disagree there Dr. Gosnell.

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Following this idea through to its logical conclusion, abortion should be legal for at least a couple of years postpartum.