1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women's March

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 21, 2017.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm trying to understand the purpose of this? I checked their website and this is their stated mission:

"We stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families - recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country."

Now I'm not trying to sound insensitive or anything but aren't women in Western societies arguably the most protected and privileged group in the modern world? Unless they are marching for the rights/protection/health/safety of women in 3rd world shit holes (which it doesn't appear they are), I think I may be missing the point here a bit, and I'm honestly not trying to sound/act like a misogynist here but in my observations it just doesn't add up in everyday reality. Is this something that is taken universally seriously or is it more SJW's stroking themselves?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PurplePill...r/western_women_are_more_privileged_than_men/

galloway840 likes this.
  2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Most are useful idiots for the hard left like Hanoi Jane. The story has to suck them in so Trump can be stopped and fundamental change resume

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Makes sense.....especially with the potential of a Trump/republican run country threatening some of their government sponsored entitlements (i hope).

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

Yeah. That's it.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Without a doubt, especially the white ones, who seem to be over represented at these marches.

Poor babies.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

No kidding. :crackup:

[​IMG]

auminer, Potts N Pans and condon66 like this.
  7. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Don't imagine that group will get too far...

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Looks like they haven't missed a meal since infancy.

9. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I'll have you know that they are "happy" with their body the way it is!
    Dee da da dee da da dee dee (news sounds and such)
    In other news, studies show that extremely overweight people use the statement "I'm happy with my body" because they are in denial and the urge to drink 5 cans of soda a day is stronger than their urge to eat healthy and exercise. :eek: Oh my! Did I just say that?

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'm noticing major CITIES having lots of marchers today. Well, that's where most of the dumb lives.

XFBO, mike574 and aedwards01 like this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I could go on all day about fat shaming and body positivity and get a gleeful chuckle out of the mental masturbation that revolves around it. But yeah, at the end of the day it all distills down to one unarguable truth. Being healthy/trim/fit (as I sometimes like to think of it "looking good naked") takes hard work, effort, dedication.

Being fat simply requires the absence of all that. I used to be bit chubby in my early high school years. Throughout the last 2 decades I've become a connoisseur of some very exquisite foods/dishes/decadences and I can say unequivocally that NOTHING tastes better than looking in the mirror and seeing 6-pack abs at the end of the day. It doesn't take a whole hell of alot of clairvoyance to tell that when a fat person says "I'm happy with my body" that they aren't fooling anyone (not even themselves). Its like someone saying I'd rather be destitute than have all my bills paid and plenty of liquid cash to pay for my every whim.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who isn't fooling anyone? If I wanted a different body I'd make it happen. I'm perfectly happy with my body - but thanks for worrying :D

condon66 likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

My point of view my be somewhat skewed because I'm a confirmed bachelor :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Plenty of them with daddy issues, no need to be some super in shape stud muffin :D

One other thing if you're not getting hit on more, try a wedding ring. Seems to draw them like flies at certain bars :crackup:

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ooh! Ooh! I saw some! :D

Attached Files:

16. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Madona commited treason/ terroistic threat IMO by stating publically she had thought of blowing up the white house many time since Trump was elected.

Homeland Security should pay her a visit or 40

dtalbott likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Much more terrifying

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I bet there'd be alot less protesting if we were having a real winter and it was zero instead of 40.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Many things they were protesting. Most are fears of what Trump and the Republicans will do to abortion rights, Planned parenthood, education and the environment.

Many people really are afraid of losing lots of rights during a Trump presidency. Some of those may be real, but many are overblown by the media of course. While the weather wasn't horrible, it wasn't great either. 50 and drizzling rain isn't a lot of fun to be out in for hours.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Shut up and go wash the fuckin' dishes. Do your realize how many loads of laundry went undone today?