1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto Van Ideas (e350 high top)

Discussion in 'General' started by jpence, Jan 12, 2017.

1. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

I know there was a thread on here about vans and I cant find it.

I've had a high top e350 for over a year now. I typically haul 2 race bikes and 1 pw50 with all our other race crap. It's becoming a real PIA to load up at the track because the bikes have to go in first. Causing everything to have to wait to be loaded. I currently use just wheel chocks and straps for the bikes so maybe a TRS would help?

The high top allows you stand pretty much stand straight up with slightly bending your neck. so its fairly tall.

I have to keep the 2nd row of seats because I typically carry 3 people in the van.

Anyone have any idea, all the other moto vans i can find on google are all mx setups and they basically strap the bike to the wall. so its not much help. Need to find some ways to save space and make loading easier. what is everyone else doing to their vans to make it more convenient.

The van is the 15 pass extended version so it is pretty damn big if you ask me. just running out of space, plus I bought a grom and have no idea how ill fit it in. Obviously will be leaving the pw50 at home if the grom would fit.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Maybe a long version of the new Transit.

Sounds like you need a trailer really.

5axis likes this.
  3. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what I'm thinking but I paid basically nothing for my e350. We usually haul a camper so Id like to stay away from a trailer but may have to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

TRS would definitely help with ease of loading and making more room in the back - huge difference without straps going every which way. It'll help some on the order of loading but not a huge amount. Maybe figure out how to arrange the camper to store more of the van stuff in it? I'd be looking at the only things in the van being the bikes and toolbox.

5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

That seat row is your problem.
    You only have ~11ft of floor space to work with. TRS will help and might allow the grom to slide between the two bikes. It'll still be very tight

6. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

7. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

I may need it invest in the TRS if i could get the bikes closer to the wall itd free up a lot of space. The space in the camper is not utilized very well. Also I'm hauling 5 wheels which take up a ton of room. Maybe also hauling too many spare parts.

8. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

Lol yes it does. I've tought about building a storage space above the bench in the high top area for wheels and stuff

9. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

Also if youve got an e350 do yuourself a favor and find some seats from a conversion van. So much more comfortable. They bolt in

10. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

I've got an E350. Agree it can be a pain but I always seem to be loaded up and gone before trailer people, I think it's because I'm forced to carry less crap. I often times had two race bikes and a ninja 250 on the hitch hauler.

11. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Trailer mang....6x12 v-nose
    vantrailer2017.jpg
    trailer.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  12. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

Maybe i am just hauling too much crap.

Anyone put a hitch hauler on the bumper of a camper for the Grom?

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

TRS mounted so the bikes are as far back as possible. Gladiator brand rack/bin system to keep little stuff up high out of the way.

In my setup I'd have a hard time squeezing in a Grom but I only have 10 feet of "garage" since I used the first 4 feet for "RV"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Laz and bored&stroked like this.
  14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Pimp!

15. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Do you have a real bumper? I had my hitch guy weld a receiver to my Raptor's bumperish looking thing and he wasn't impressed. He told me he wouldn't trust anything more than a bike rack on it.

16. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Tristan.....THAT is sweet.

How tall are you? any problem sleeping across the width of the van?

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

18. Tristan

I'm 6'0". The reason the bed is so high is so I can use the window wells' extra few inches and juuuust fit comfortably. If the woman wasn't with me I'd sleep diagonally for more room, but it's tolerable. Hard to see in the pic, but the bench folds out to double its width.

19. Tristan

Sounds like a great idea- might even help level the rig out with a bit of weight up front.

20. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Cool....yeah, I noticed the hinge, great ides....and I would have never guessed about the height. Awsome stuff sir!.....frikkin microwave, paperfrikkintowel rack!!!!!

Great job man!....that RV section is 4ft wide from what? the seat rails or something?....or did you measure the back and then use what was left and it was 4'???

I'm gonna do something very similar. Great work.