1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New R1 too slow?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

The latest generation R1 is awesome. Great chassis and amazing electronics, but it's slow compared to a ZX-10 or BMW in a straight line. We can fix that! M-Spec 1050cc Big Bore Kit.

Dyno Info:

Red Line – M-Spec 1050 Big Bore Kit, M-Spec CNC Cylinder Head Modifications, Web Camshafts, KWS Valve Spring Kit, APE Cam Sprockets, Woolich Tuning Software, Yoshimura Alpha Full Exhaust System, Pump Fuel.

Blue Line – Stock with Yoshimura Alpha Exhaust Full System.

Attached Files:

stk0308 likes this.
  2. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

You wait until I sell mine to come out with this lol. Btw check the local CList. Someone local is claiming 198hp with an OTS FTECU tune

3. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

So how much does 31 horsepower cost? Ball-park it for me.

4. caferace

caferace No.

I think I saw it was ~ $2500 in parts IIRC. Of course, parts ain't everything ...

-jim

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Spam..

I'm with Stupid, Greg S and BC like this.
  6. The R1 can be gotten into the mid to high 190's by removing the emissions/noise bullshit via full exhaust, high flow air filter, ECU flash and good tune for U4.4.

Greg S likes this.
  7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

So the oem air filter is actually a restriction when you up the power and needs an aftermarket? That surprises me.

JJJerry likes this.
  8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Damn, I wish I had these kind of problems. 1...owning a R1 AND 2...thinking it was too slow....

Dg3087, jkraft, scottn and 3 others like this.
  9. Chip

Chip Registered

The big bore kit is a little over $1400. The rest is what ads up.

10. Chip

Chip Registered

This was done with a stock air filter and pump gas.....might make 230 with a K&n. :)

JJJerry likes this.
  11. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

So if you bought the kit, and put on a pipe, tuner (PC or Bazzaz) and labor, we talking 5K, 6K or somewhere way north of that?

12. Chip

Chip Registered

If you have a bone stock bike which you must take apart, build the motor, buy a pipe, tune, etc.....north of $6K for sure. If you are interested, you should call the dudes at KWS. I haven't worked there since 2011 and I don't want to quote their labor prices. Also pipe and tuner cost vary dramatically.

That being said, I rode the bike.....and it does 4th gear power wheelies....so whats that worth? Priceless!

TurboBlew and Cam Morehead like this.
  13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

This would be a blast. I will say that mine felt slow, although I didn't seem to give anything up on straights as long as I could get a tow.

I think the "slow" feeling is a testimony to how well the engine works.

cav115 likes this.
  14. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Clubman legal??

lanehammond likes this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Half a dozen Amsoil, Regina and Fox stickers should do the trick. ;)

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Looks like a basic Superstock build to me. I'll take
    The MA R1's at Jersey weren't slow and we weren't too far off. I'd use the term "rideable power" instead.

Although with "230hp", who needs rideable .. :D

helicopter99 and JBraun like this.
  17. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

What are you going to do with it? Your just going to scare the hell out of yourself and have to buy new underwear.

18. Dovi would win on it.

19. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Now that's some serious power. You guys do amazing work for sure, and I've still got a spare R6 motor with the Millennium touch sitting in the shop ready to go. :)

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.