1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand new Armourbodies shipping damage

Discussion in 'General' started by BROsiah, Dec 29, 2016.

1. BROsiah

BROsiah Well-Known Member

Just pulled these out of the box after being dropped off today. I am not a painter so this maybe a dumb question. But the gel coat layer is broke in a few places. easy to repair or should i send it back?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

it's brand new, let woodcraft make it right imo

wicked lizard likes this.
  3. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Send it back. Armor is a good company. That looks like old air tech bodywork.

4. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

It's less time than sending back...

Chip it away, grind, feathering the edges plus grind about 2 inches past the edges. Fill with bondo and do process of smoothing.

Or let your painter do it....

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Pffft, rattle can it. Done. Is it a show bike or a GO bike?! :)

MELK-MAN, crashman and throwdown like this.
  6. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Follow the instructions on the inside of opening flap of the box as what to do.

It's clearly spelled out. BBS can't help you, sorry :eek:

BTW mine recently came in well packed actually over packed and in great shape. Box wasn't beat up or anything and I have the worst UPS, FedEx, usps delivery people on this planet! None of them can read much less deliver packages,

Edit: Does this look familiar :cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    Greg S, wicked lizard and throwdown like this.
  7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

You're joking right? Its somehow less time to do body work on a brand new, not your fault damaged bodykit, than to throw it back in the box and ship it back?? That is if you have all the tools readily available, if not, gotta spend $$. As far as painters, Last time i checked they billed by the hour. So you are okay with your painter tacking on an additional hour or two of body work before painting?

BBS....man, sometimes, you get the most fucked up sideways advice you'll ever come across.

Ship that shit back. In no way or form are YOU responsible to correct someone elses fault.

LilBabyGirl and BigBird like this.
  8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Leave it. Maybe the cycle gods will consider that your body work sacrifice and save you.

Monsterdood and t500racer like this.
  9. SWAT_Spyder76

SWAT_Spyder76 Well-Known Member

Send it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. caferace

caferace No.

Unless you're building a *$ poser bike, fix the shit and move forward. Eric will give you a credit toward future purchases, and you'll have your bike ready to go at the first race. Eventually, that bodywork will have cracks, holes and be container-bound after a few crashes.

-jim

11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

So why buy new body work in the first place? Why not buy used?

He paid for new bodywork, he shouldnt even have to think about fixing it himself...

bleacht likes this.
  12. caferace

caferace No.

Why in this case? Race bodywork is disposable. Unless you're Broome, a flaw or two won't kill you. Time is money. Your time repacking and delivering it to shipping, transit it back to Woodcraft, them doing the same in reverse and eating the cost so prices go up. Hoping it comes back with no flaws will take weeks. Cracked again? Rinse and repeat.

No one did anything wrong. Shit happened. The bike won't be any quicker. Go race.

-jim

crashman and joec like this.
  13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Weeks?

14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Most vendors won't pay for return shipping. That shit used to drive me nuts when ebay had that policy. They finally changed it on behalf of the buyer.
    Woodcraft may tell you to just keep it and they'll send you a new set. By the time they pay for return shipping, they fight with USPS , pay shipping again to send you a new set, they'll lose out in the end no matter what.

USPS wants to see the box in order to see if the box was damaged in transit. IF the box isn't damaged, then Woodcraft is screwed.
    I had to do that with an international USPS 'large' standard box (12"x 12"). I lost.

Best thing to happen is, Woodcraft give you a $200 refund. That would end the BS, back 'n forth, etc. That would satisfy 99% of us.

-In the 2nd pic, it's look like the underside of the tail section, who the hells gonna see that?

15. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

doesn't get spelled out any clearer

16. BROsiah

BROsiah Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the replies . I wrote to woodcraft and just guess i will see what they say.
    The first pic is the top of the belly pan where it will mount to the upper and thats my cause for concern. Reason being is that i feel it will it just get worse.
    And yes its a race bike so i am not to worried about looks. But at the end of the i am not a fan of buying something brand new and getting it damaged.

17. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Give painter the partial refund from Woodcraft to fix it- problem solved.

notbostrom likes this.
  18. For ease of solving the problem contact woodcraft, probably get a credit then fix it. That would be quicker for me.

19. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

Woodcraft is a great company. They will most likely offer you a hassle-free exchange for a new part, IF that is what you want. Give them a call, they will work with you to create a fair outcome you are both happy with.

dsmitty37, BigBird and Triple X like this.
  20. I would either send them back, or see if Woodcraft would cover the costs of Swenson fixing it when he painted it.

One way or the other it would have to be either fixed or replaced...and not by me. Not only because I paid for and expect new bodywork, but also because I wouldn't know how to fix it if I had to. :D