1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scooter Dealers. Anybody use these guys?

Discussion in 'General' started by 27stormin, Dec 10, 2016.

1. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You want a 50cc zuma?

3. 27stormin

Nope, I'd rather have 125 or 150.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Not even close...

You won't find parts, manuals, meaningful warranties, long-lasting fun or use...like that Christmas present that breaks on day one and ends up in the trash with the tree.
    Stay away from the mainland Asian crap.

You're better off buyin' a beat to shit, thoroughly abused Japanese product. At least they're built with components that don't regularly fail and they're readily fixable.

5. caferace

caferace No.

Get the Twin Pak. You'll need the second one for parts.

-jim

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I dunno... I rent Chinese scooters all over the world. I would say 3 year ago, they were junk. Now, not so much. They're getting a lot better. I had a Peugot badged Chinese scooter in Valencia last month that was actually very nice.

7. 27stormin

That's exactly what I was thinking. But then Motion brings up a good point, if you go to All over Asia there are millions of scooters. Hell they treat them like an F250 and they run them for years.

8. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

You don't think they suck because you RENT them...

Parts, Warranty, and general construction aren't your problem, because you get to use the product in its prime.

This is the quillivant of leasing a Maserati, and raving about it's dependability

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LMAO, I've rented scooters that were literally falling apart. Nha Trang, Vietnam comes to mind. But, for $3 a day, you really cannot complain too much :)

10. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Get ahold of Jon Cook. He has anything you want and or need. At great prices.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Most of the Chinese stuff I've had come in the shop has had electrical problems, mechanically they seem to be ok.

12. 27stormin

Who is that?

13. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

14. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I've had good luck with my more "upmarket" Chinese scooter (Kymco). They have dealer networks, parts, etc. and seem to be pretty good quality. I understand that they manufacture engines for Honda in some markets. That might be a bit better than "generic" brand...

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Kymcos are Taiwanese. Our local Kawasaki dealer used to be the largest ute dealer in the country - mostly Forest Service/Govt sales. He ditched Kawasaki and converted to Kymco because customers felt it was a better product and cost quite a bit less.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yeah, Taiwan ain't China. Their contemporaries are Korea, both knockin' on Japan's door of quality and market share.

17. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Fair enough... I accept the distinction. Regardless, I recommend the brand if you are looking for something between "el cheapo" and "top line", although their prices seem to be creeping up.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I work on Chinese scooters all the time.
    In most cases I won't even think about diagnosing electrical or carb problem.
    Replacement parts are cheap.
    Steve let me know if you need anything. My suppliers drop ship @ no extra cost.