1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1990 Kawasaki ZXR250R 4 cyl

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Showtime71, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

This is a rare and not sold in the USA ZXR250R inline 4 cylinder. Sounds just like a 600 but only 249cc.
    This is an absolute blast to ride! I won a few endurance championships with it in Japan and imported it over here when I moved back to the USA. The motor was rebuilt last year and has only done 3 track days since. Essentially it has approximately 90 miles since its rebuild. It was just tuned up and is running great. Tuned up due to the fact I had not been riding it at all. Work has gotten to busy and then life played a cruel joke and transferred me to the North East. I feel terrible this weapon sits in my garage and is not collecting hardware and smiles. Was just dynoed at 40Hp at the wheel when the tuning was done. This bike is all stock motor with a Sato full exhaust system from Japan. Sato revalved rear shock from a RGV250, revalved front shocks, all set up for a 175lb rider. I have some racing spares for it. Extra clip ons, rear sets, brake lines, levers, CDI boxes, stater, sprockets, case covers, master cylinder, and other odds and ends.
    Really this bike is so awesome to run in the 250 class and you'll be the only one who sounds like a big bike instead of that twin noise. This bike handles awesome and its ready to win.
    I have a bill of sale only with all the legal import paperwork for proof of origin. (it cost over $2000 just to bring it here)
    Bike is currently located in Rhode island. We can negotiate shipping anywhere in the USA.

I'm only asking $3900. OBO

PM me or text me for more details. Nine5one Three9seven Ninezero1seven

Turn some heads and have some fun!

Attached Files:

dirkwellman, SDoug13 and mattnes17 like this.
  2. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

I did forget to mention it makes its peak power around 18,000 RPMS. it red lines at 21,000.
    And is fully safety wired for the track.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  3. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

few glory shots...

Attached Files:

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Arent the 250 classes for twins? Awesome bike either way. GLWS

5. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

its a factory produced 250. completely stock and only 249cc which makes it legal. :)

6. sowega

sowega #710

F Superstock is 250cc twins and singles. Sweet bike, though!

7. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

I apologize I have been racing on the west coast. And just moved to the east coast. While our rule book also stated "twins" it also stated a factory produced 250 cc motorcycle which this was, in 1990. I have not seen a rule book that considered this bike while it was being written obviously as it is not common by any means. It of course it would likely qualify for a vintage lightweight and maybe even lightweight formula. Again, I dont know what race series are out here yet but in CVMA, MotoWestGP, and AFM it was good to go in the 250 class.

8. sowega

sowega #710

No worries at all! I was thinking about buying it just so somebody wouldn't use it to whip my ass next year! I had to check the rules myself.

No Brakes likes this.
  9. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

Price should be $3500 OBO. Thanks.

10. ck.mecha

ck.mecha Well-Known Member

Pretty sure there is a statement that bikes must generally be available in the us market to run supersport. Might have to run the E class with this

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  11. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

You'll have to tell me which organization. As I raced on the west coast and 3 different race clubs all stated it had to be a production bike. But did not specify in the US. This bike was available to the US if ordered but not produced here.
    If you know I would appreciate the information. Thanks.

12. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

it looks like it would fit nicely in WERA Clubman:

CLUBMAN EXPERT & NOVICE (all below based on Formula rules except as noted)

Up to 250cc 4-stroke water-cooled multis

Showtime71 likes this.
  13. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

Price reduced. I need to sell it now. Thanks.
    $3000.

14. Zach Jansen

Zach Jansen Well-Known Member

It's not legal in ccs. But it would be a cool collectible!

15. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

Why Is it not legal? Could you tell me? Its a production 249cc bike. thanks.

16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

It's legal, but not in any classes where it'd have a fighting chance on motor alone is what he's saying I believe. For 2017, ignoring build specifics just year and displacement it'd run:

500 Supersport
    500 Superbike
    LW GP / GTL / LW Formula 40
    Thunderbike
    ASRA Sportbike
    ASRA Superstock
    ASRA Thunderbike

The CCS '250' classes all prohibit machines with more than two cylinders, so you don't go up against EX250 / EX300, KTM RC390, R3, etc. You'll be facing off against FZR400 / EX500 / Duc SS620 / etc instead.

17. Zach Jansen

Should I be happy to explain it to you. The rules for ccs specifically say bikes must be production bikes readily available and sold in the USA. The very first line of your ad says very rare not available in the US. But with ccs you could run it in ultralight GP.

18. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Actually, quoth the 2017 CCS/ASRA rulebook:

So, the kicker isn't weather it was sold in the US but anywhere in North America. If it wasn't, you can ask CCS to allow it individually. I know Canada got a bunch of bikes we didn't in the US, dunno if this 250 is one of those machines.

Also, there is no Ultralight GP any more, that's now 300 Thunderbike and 300 GT, neither of which allow four cylinder machines. (Old ULGP definition didn't allow four cylinder machines either.)

19. Zach Jansen

Any wiggle room on the price? I would really like to get it for a collectible. Too complicated for me to mess with to raced. Bump the price dude or sell it.

20. Showtime71

Showtime71 Active Member

I
    Hmmm. Seems a amendment to the rule is needed. Thanks for the input.