1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on 3G/4G signal amplifiers

Discussion in 'General' started by crazywolf450r, Oct 7, 2016.

1. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

I need to boost cell signal inside a remote hunting cabin in the backwoods of Alabama without spending $600 on the setup. We have an outside 25 foot light pole (installed for just this reason) that will help us get above the tree line. Is there a homebrew option? Inside I only need coverage in one or two rooms. Whatcha got?

2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Do you have internet? If so you can get a microcell and use wifi

3. crazywolf450r

No, no chance. Actually the purpose of this install is to get a strong enough signal for email and light browsing.

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Without internet, it would be really tough to get it done on the cheap. We had the same issue and fortunately, internet was accessible and we installed the microcell. Worked like a charm.

5. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I'd probably look at getting satellite internet.

6. odell2115

odell2115 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. We have a lake house that is down in a lower area between two hills. There's also a metal roof on the house which adds to the issue. I can step out on the porch and get a bar or two of signal, or walk up the hill and get a great signal, as the tower isn't too far away. We don't need constant internet at the place, just on the weekends we go down so a hotspot, or just a better signal would do. I've been considering buying something like this and seeing if it helps. There are tons of similar products out there.

https://www.amazon.com/Verizon-700M...&sr=8-12&keywords=cell+signal+booster+verizon

7. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

shit, I need one for my house. I can walk from one end to the other and drop a phone call.

8. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

When I go hunting the last thing I want is cell service.. lol

crashman likes this.
  9. crazywolf450r

I'm with you there. But this is more of a mixed use family getaway property and we would all be able to enjoy it more often if we we're able to be a little better connected to work while we're there.

10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

11. caferace

caferace No.

Do you have a decent amount of land, easily accessible? Are there other people within say, a 10 mile radius that are in your same boat?

If so, they (a wireless provider) may actually pay you some serious coin a month to lease some space on your property and install a cell tower.

-jim

12. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Wilson Electronics makes great cell boosters

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Everything your Internet service so much as wavers it will drop calls