1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Vintage Rules Ideas

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Sep 29, 2016.

1. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I'd also suggest letting the Carb model 600 shrads in V7. There are a few out there and honestly they are not faster than out F3s or other bikes in V7 MW now.
    But can't hurt to help get more out on grid. If they have fuel injection model just have them bolt carbs on them and it's all good.

Steven Isenhower #52

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

If you guys make it back up to the northern-most southern states area again,Im in for fzr600's in V6MW. Will 600's in the 400 frame be okay,or is the idea the 600 stock steel frame? Either way I'd be good,just curious and hopeful.

3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Last time I checked 600, 400 frame was the bike to have in V6 MW. It's been legal for yrs. I think that's what most guys run. But I haven't run V6 since 2003.
    I'm sure s ok someone will get on here and correct me if I'm wrong.

Steven Isenhower #52

4. britx303

I gotta go back and check now.....might be getting confused. I dont remember what we ran with the 400/600s. I dont think i did any V6 now that i think about it....just v7's

5. britx303

Are there 3 V6 classes? Lw,Mw and Hw? I thought I did a v6lw race on a fzr/ex500 combo:confused:

6. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Be honest back when I ran V6 we didn't have Hw class and LW class. We all ran together. But I did race against a guy in Texas who probably still has his 600/400 Yamaha. And it was legal. I think it's a LW bike now. But you can race both classes along with V7 on that bike.

Steven Isenhower #52

7. britx303

I only ran the V7 classes because I was new and there were 2 other guys on 4/6's that said thats where we had to go. In hindsight,as a newbie,I would have preferred a V6lw-hw crowd instead of watching rc51s and tz250s disappear into seemingly oblivion in the V7's :D

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I decided to take a look at the rulebook so I was no longer working from a strong position of ignorance. While that has served me well in the past, I figures some facts might be helpful.
    Here are my current suggestions, but reserve the right to change my mind if they turn out to be stupid. Note: as it stands I have bikes that are currently legal for v-1 through V6lw, so I don't really need a rules change for me.

I think v4 should include the 16" wheel Ninja 250 as that could be a class where they can be a cheap entry.
    V5 is just fine the way it is.
    Add V6MW to include the CBR600F and the FZR600 Hybrids ok as long as both engine and frame are class eligible, superbike rules.

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Suspect shit, he's faster you can count on THAT!!!

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Is yours a 4/6 hybrid?

11. britx303

I have a few FZRs of various configurations. One is never enough:D

cajun636 likes this.
  12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I'm starting to say that about Triumphs lol. Which one were you racing in V7?

13. britx303

The 4/6 for v7's. This year is the first ive ever raced an actual 400 straightup. I LOVE IT!!! Its alot more fun.

14. britx303

I do love a 675 too....its just now looking at one up close,there is just too much electrics to them:p

15. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I'll bring out my Cagiva, AFTER I rebuild it. If simply increasing displacement is the way to increase grids, then allow 750's, 800's, 900's, 1,000's . . . .

Classes are designed with displacement and other limits for a reason. The lack of bikes in a particular season is not due to displacement limits. It is due to the number of people who (a) have running bikes (not me right now),or (b) can go racing with available time and funds. There are plenty of V4 bikes already out there. One need not change the class structure to find them. Instead, folks need to get their existing bikes running (me), or come out and race (I can't do anything about that). But, if folks are not going to race because they don't have the time or the money or both, changing the class structure will not affect those criteria.

Now, if you tell me you have a dozen folks who have not tried to race V4 because they have 600 cc Seca's, and they all have guaranteed (in writing, with monetary deposits of good funds) you they will attend all Vintage races next year, IF you change the rules,then I understand the rule change, and I'll stand aside and be quiet.

Cheers,

Dave

Duck150 likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, we've never had a V6MW so there is no good bike for it just yet :D

V5 Racer and VFR#52 like this.
  17. britx303

A 400/600 is really the best:D And I was thinking there wasnt a V6MW:D

18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Sorry been out of loop. I do know 400/600 ran in HWV6. But in my defense we only had 1 v6 class when I ran it. Then they had a LW class added. But I didn't keep up as my VFR didn't fit in it.
    But thanks for filling everyone in.
    Steven Isenhower #52

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Add V6MW class for Seca 600s.

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That was a joke, by the way. Just in case :D