1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relocating - southeast area

Discussion in 'General' started by BrianC636, Sep 21, 2016.

1. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking about where I want to work when I'm finished with college. I've got about 3 semesters left but it's all degree specific stuff so I really need to get my internship done and plan on trying to get an offer on the table in the next year.

My degree is Construction management and I spoke with Hensel Phelps yesterday but they're in Florida and the guy said he's been there 15 years and moved 9 times. I don't really want to move that often.

I'd like to live in NC but I'm open to anything from Texas on east. Anyone have a suggestion on a construction management company or a specific part of that area that might lend itself to an aspiring project manager?

Thanks

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Huntsville

3. BrianC636

Can you help me out a little.....why there?

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's a nice area. Low cost of living, lots of smart people (NASA) but not libtarded, reasonably close to several tracks (Barber, Tally, NCM, RA), big lake nearby. I'm sure locals could add more.

BrianC636 and crazywolf450r like this.
  5. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

And a rapidly expanding economy, landing Remington, Toyota, and Google data center. If I could move, I'd go there.

6. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Knoxville is nice, unless you have bad allergies.

The place I work, Y-12, in Oak Ridge TN, is undertaking a huge construction project and as a result, the town is going to be growing as well.

7. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Lived here my entire life, low living cost, low crime rate, plenty to do. Close to Nashville,Chstanooga , and Atlanta. And construction is booming. I own Mallard construction I do mostly interior trim. I'm so far behind I'm having to sub jobs to other trim carpenters

8. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

If you're going to be a CM and work for a large company they will move you where the projects are.

t11ravis likes this.
  9. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Check out Landmark Builders on line. We have a corporate office in Winston Salem, NC and are opening a new office in the Charlotte area. I work in our Columbia, SC office.

BrianC636 likes this.
  10. Asheville. Take up art and protesting.

Steeltoe and jrsamples like this.
  11. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I also live just outside Huntsville. For construction it would seem like a great place because there is a ton of growth here right now. All of those Remington and Polaris people are building new homes in Madison.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Georgia is full...specifically Forsyth county.

dickie doo and V5 Racer like this.
  13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Exactly. Work is going to dictate where you live if you aspire to be in management with most large companies.

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Correction, all of Georgia is full.

Phl218 and dickie doo like this.
  15. BrianC636

Noted. Stay TF out of Georgia.

I agree most large companies will dictate where I live but I'd rather run jobs within a few hours of home if possible. I'm not looking to be upper echelon of management since I'm almost 40 now but I enjoy the hustle of having to figure out how to keep 5-7 jobs going at once.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Then flush and get rid of all the turds just hanging around, Florida could use your cast offs.

17. t11ravis

Pretty sure we have enough castoffs already!

dantheman likes this.
  18. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Awww hell no! We are tapped out here as well!

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Tell you what. There are some pretty good construction companies between Hickory and Asheville, NC. I have a great house and you can move right in. Comes with a wife who's likely into recent grads. No money down, just take over the payments. As a signing bonus, I'll leave you a race ready ninja 250 and a V7 ready 748 (magnesium wheels). Must be muscular, above 5'11", and have job offer on the table. Suggest suave pictures in a nice suit. No cock pics please.

casjoker, Phl218 and V5 Racer like this.
  20. t11ravis

Turn key deal!