1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 schedule Mongo

Discussion in 'General' started by Tonyp425, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Haha on a serious note im preparing to buy the new sv650 and Yamaha R3 for next season. With that being said best I can tell is the only two classes that pays for those bikes usually run together. Can you shed some light on this, am I reading that correctly and if so can we do the cupid shuffle and possibly separate this situation. Thank you for your time sir.

2. No.

First order of business is to keep HWT-SS and C-SB separated.

The Mickey Mouse bikes will have to wait. :moon:

3. Tonyp425

But our milk shake brings all the girls to the yard

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No way I can separate them sorry.

5. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

But he is certainly considering to place ess in a different race...

6. Tonyp425

Im confused cant seperate broomes races or my question with lwtss and ess

7. Tonyp425

Please be less vague Mango. Is lwtss the only class Suzuki will pay for or will it pay F2 or lwtsb. Help me help you

8. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Really? And the Immogee is to take the sting off such comment for "mickey mouse" folks?

Cheers,

Dave

9. I can't believe i didnt get more of a reaction than that. The Mickey Mouse bike riders are taking the fun out of shit. :D

10. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Shut up Broome and get back to your coloring book! Besides, the Mickey Mouse club is bringing in more money than Duckies ever will!

What can be done however, on regional weekends, take some races from sunday and run them on Saturday. Getting pretty old having races cut short. Take laps away from the solos and run sprints.

11. :moon:

And I totally agree with the 2nd part. But it would only work on weekends when there are Solo races. Obviously it wouldn't work for DH weekends.

I have always felt like more could be done/made with the Solo races, like that time could be utilized differently. Or the Solos could be handled differently so they actually count for something to give people an incentive to do them. Everyone sees them as just an extended practice session, which isn't a bad thing I reckon, but there is no real incentive to do them. They don't count for points and the purse for even a win isn't enough to buy a set of tires, or even a rear tire. So no matter what happens, even the guy that wins still takes a financial loss from doing it.

I understand it is a chicken or the egg situation. The purse isn't higher because the purse is based off a small % of the entry fees, so if more people did them, then the purses would be more. But in order for the purse to reach $400, there would need to be something like 70 entries (just a guess, im not sure of the exact number). That won't happen, because there is no real incentive for people to do them.

Personally, I like them. But that is just because I love racing and riding my bikes. I can totally understand why more people don't do them. At the end of the day, there is no financial or points incentive to do them.

12. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Heh, heh, heh. Glad I didn't disappoint.

Cheers,

Dave

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The mickey mouse club is going to duct tape Broome to the front of the death star and parade him around the pits madmax style
    :moon:

14. Now we are getting somewhere. :D

15. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Wow. Was not expecting that reaction! :eek:

16. wanderlust

wanderlust Well-Known Member

+1

I think out of 5 race weekends that I went to this year -- one race weekend we actually ran all of the allotted laps.

17. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

I don't envy the folks putting the schedules together. Take the GNF schedule for Sunday for example. 5 hours to get in 13 races, 10 laps each counting warmup and post checker. That's 23 minutes per race. Add in down time to pick up broke bike, red flags and podium celebrations after R3 cup. Only thing that could really help are lighted tracks. Lol. To Wera's credit, the SE Region has only had one race that could not be finished this year (minus a few laps).

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Suzuki will pay LWT SS - I have no other place to put E or F - I cannot separate them no matter how much I'd like to.

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but what about moving e/f to always on a Saturday? If contingency only pays for 1 day of racing per weekend it would only effect points and people running for a championship. I think...

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You mean those people that pay our bills going after one of the few things we give a rider other than track time? :D