1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 KWS Yamaha YZF-R6 Superbike – 149hp

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Chip, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

Yes, it would run fine on pump gas. Compression is not crazy high, the power is made with displacement, not compression and RPM, so the motor is super reliable. Its set up to two fuels now. MR12 for power and VP110 for practice. VP110 is basically pump gas. It has no power adding qualities. We use VP 110 because its super stable and comes from a known source. Pump gas is fine but the quality varies dramatically. When you have a motor with this much love on it, its a lot safer to use fuel from a know source, even if its $8.00 a gallon.

JTRC51 likes this.
  2. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

It can, but Vp110 is only 8 bucks a gallon and you know its quality.

3. Cajun Kid

;-)

4. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Even if you can't tell they're standing up...

noles19, TurboBlew and Cajun Kid like this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

This bike seems very nice and priced well. If Ty was already out of college, this would interest me.

I've been out of it for a couple years, does this have the latest and greatest electronics? I've heard either the YEC or Flashtune stuff is better than when my son competed in 12/13?

How many race weekends can you expect, before a rebuild? At that time are you expecting new valves, pistons/rings, head cut? Does the crank or rods need to be changed each rebuild? Have never owned a SBK, so I'm uneducated.

6. Chip

Chip Registered

Rob,

This is using the latest YEC update.

As far as rebuild intervals, they are essentially the same as stock as its the stock parts that wear out. This motor makes power from displacement and increased efficiency, not compression and more RPM. All the "Superbike" stuff makes it last longer.

- Pistons are lighter and stronger than stock.
    - Rods are lighter and way stronger than stock.
    - The crank is balanced to the lighter rods/pistons and all bearings are clearanced correctly.
    - Cylinder head porting has no effect on reliability.
    - The cams are slightly more aggressive than stock, but the uprated springs help control the valve better than the stock springs.

Rebuild and Service intervals in time are based on rider pace. Motors are like tires, the faster you are....the faster they wear out. At a front running expert pace I would check leak down at 8 - 12 events with a plan to replace valves and bearings at around 16- 24 events. If you are slower, it will last longer, if you are faster it will wear out quicker. The weak link in R6 motors is valves....and that is what will wear out in this motor too at roughly the same intervals as you would a stock motor.

Rebuilds will require complete valve train, cam chain, bearings, oil pump, rings, valve job, clutch, gaskets and transmission parts.

7. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

This is an unreal deal. Good luck with sale.

Cajun Kid likes this.
  8. racegunnr

racegunnr Well-Known Member

Beautiful race weapon there, don't suppose a trade for a 14 GSXR with 800 race miles total would really trip your trigger............

9. Boman Forklift

If you were interested in a trade, I have a 2014 ADR-Aussie Dave Racing built SS GSXR1000. Tyler raced it 2 weekends and Aussie Dave raced it 2 or 3. Tyler won all 4 races he ran on it and I believe Dave always won with it too. It's setup, and could be adapted to a SBK setup instead if you preferred that. Has the same suspension Dave put his GSXR on the box with at AMA, EMPRO, and all the good stuff.

10. Chip

Chip Registered

Will trade for cash or gold.....

11. Chip

Chip Registered

You should buy it!

12. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I would but I would make it my street/track bike. I would put a mirror on the bar end and add a headlight throw some make shift blinkers on it and call it a day. Title status? I don't have the time for the track but a weekend ride I would have time for.

13. Boman Forklift

I'm sure he would throw a mirror in on the deal if that's what you want. If you are really nice to Chip, I'm sure a hole saw and an inexpensive light could make there way onto the bike as well.

Man, for some illogical reason I want this thing..........that's bad. LOL

14. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I know me to. I would love to have this bike! It is a thing of beauty for a amazing price.

15. Cajun Kid

Clean and clear title.

Would be a KIIIILLLLLERRRRRRR Street/Track weapon.

16. Cajun Kid

You should come and pick her up. before its too late......

Have two serious buyers that may have her gone soon...

17. Cajun Kid

If you have ever wanted to really treat yourself to a super trick bike for way less then what it would cost to build one.... This is it.

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

My "poetic justice" got ya, didn't it? :D

Cajun Kid and Chip like this.
  19. Cajun Kid

Na, It was coming.

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue
    I don't road race no more,
    Boo Hoo Hoo

LMAO!