1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC Sold!!

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyTide, Jul 11, 2016.

1. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Dana White staying on as President with new ownership.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/16970360/ufc-sold-unprecedented-4-billion-dana-white-confirms

Interesting to see how/where the sports heads from here.

Much respect for the Fertitta brothers for taking a chance on UFC back in 2000, and sticking with it in some hard times..... almost shutting it down! Many don't know the T.U.F. 1 show was the last chance. If it had failed UFC was over, but the show rated well, and of course the season finale war (still the greatest UFC fight ever IMO) between Forrest Griffin & Stefan Bonnar gained HUGE exposure, and it's been all uphill from there.

XFBO likes this.
  2. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Meh....Joe Rogan is annoying

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The company that bought it is headed by the real Ari Gold. :D

SpeedyTide likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$4 billion? I don't see it being worth $40 Million but what do I know, I think Facebook isn't worth $10 Million.

5. SpeedyTide

Try tippy-toeing? :Poke:

:D

Britt and L8RSK8R like this.
  6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

White owns 8 or 9% of Zuffa, nice payday.

7. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

You're crazy. He might be the best color-commentator for any sport.

XFBO and JBraun like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

$2 million --> $4 Billion
    Nice ROI but I still think UFC is meh

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

So Dana the Douche got paid and is staying on as Prez and still getting paid? Lucky bastard

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Plenty of hate out there for Dana, but there's a reason he's getting paid and staying, and ain't luck.

418 and SpeedyTide like this.
  11. SpeedyTide

Yeah, Dana can be a dick at times. Fertitta bros had the mulah, but it was Dana they put their trust in to build it to what it has become. New owners would be crazy not to continue that.

XFBO likes this.
  12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Dana brought the deal to Fertitta's. His baby/dream, they provided the cash & future financing.
    UFC would be shoite, without Dana White.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Pretty shitty state of affairs when you grow a company 199,990%, yet you still pay your fighters peanuts......but I guess you can't really be too keen on the economics of your profession when it involves taking a knee to the face.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was reading that Brock Lesnar took home $2.5 Million in pay for his last fight. Then there's bonuses (like $5K from Reebok for wearing their tshirt). McGregor was previously the highest paid with $1 Million.

Hunt made less than a guy selling oranges on an off ramp.

$4 Billion? Someone got ass f@cked even harder than Hunt.

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Just not a UFC fan. Watched UFC 7 twenty years ago and it did nothing for me.

The NFL is dealing with concussions these days and their long term side effects. While UFC still flies under the radar.

Plus I hate all the Billy Bob Badass wannabes walking around in their Tapout tshirts looking for a fight. It just screams White Trash.

Coopster likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Muscle shirts should only be worn when you have actual muscles not just flab, bad tattoos and shoulder hair.

17. You wear them in San Fran don't you?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't wear muscle shirts, tank tops, guinea ts or white after labor day EVER.

Coopster likes this.
  19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The sport has evolved a bit in the last 20+ years since you watched.

The NFL is a $13B per year juggernaut. The UFC generates less than $0.5B. It's not going to get the same attention for any reason, positive or negative.

I'm with you on the t-shirts, although I don't think they're really looking for a fight. My favorite are the "American Fighter" shirts. I see doughy goofballs everywhere wearing those things...

20. I call BS.