1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by GRH, Jun 23, 2016.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I think Brexit is a good thing for the world. The concept of one government sounds good and everyone pictures the star trek people that are all perfect and rational in white smocks type of future. However that is not human nature. I prefer the USA way however if there are alternatives out there such as Britain, Germany, Japan, etc. There is competition and other sources of ideas. Further one government does not mean one 'good' government. A variety of nations is a good thing for humanity.

Of course both sides are acting as if the world is either cured or ended by Brexit results. However I can guarantee that is not the case. I also suspect the one world types will not just roll over. Instead they will keep trying to reverse this and undermine the will of the little people since they know best in their fat heads and should control their inferiors to save them.

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36659900

Actually, looks like the EU is demanding freedom of movement continue.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Of course they are.
    Doesn't mean they will get it.
    What they want is to nullify the vote, and it will be interesting to see if the Brits can make their leaders toe the line, or whether they allow them to water down Brexit to nothing.

4. sheepofblue

I wonder what would happen if Britian just said piss off we are out after a year or two of negotiating. Seems to me they have a currency now, a natural border and productive economy. Further I wonder what their ability to punish the EU in the empire places is if the EU wants them to bend over.

5. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Looks like some UK property fund investors are quickly finding out what a redemption gate is

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It's probably worse than that.

7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

8. sheepofblue

Interesting that the EU has #14 and #18 out of 25. So if the kill London what happens to the entire EU market? If we have 5 cities above their first are they capable of telling London to pound sand, goes both ways in a negotiation.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Theresa May takes the job on Wednesday.

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So the UK ends up with what the leave campaign were complaining about in regards to the EU.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This whole thing would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious.

12. Robin172

So very true.

13. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

she resisted immigration and seems moderate in many other decisions. how is this not what they wanted?

14. Robin172

Um, maybe something to do with the fact that she wasn't elected?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Show us your tits! :D

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, it seems that the EU is not going to let them and their money go that easily.

If the UK leaves, that'd just leave Germany to pay for everyone else.

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The oligarchs want to subvert the will of the people? Say it aint so.

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Nah man you have it all wrong, 'the people' there just don't know any better....the globalists are smarter, more educated and do everything for us deplorables, who don't know better.

19. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Don't forget their good intentions. Which as anyone, except a heartless fascist, knows is more important than actual results.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not sure if you've checked the news today but they have bigger problems than the EU right now. They might need to get past the UK Parliament first, which they had not anticipated.