1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

If the rod doesn't fit, you must acquit.

throwdown and Bruce like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

She'll stretch. :D

3. [​IMG]

The Great One likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed. People expecting us to be int eh office is silly. Calling me about something I've sold person to person it's kind of expected when we're both off work.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Keep on digging :crackup:

BTW - I cannot read PM's sent on the BBS. I also have no access to passwords or the like. But hey, good try at taking attention away from the subject at hand.

Oh, wait, wasn't any more effective than your others.

Who said anything about Timmy anyway? Good lord you're stretching.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I'm not defending Mark. Haven't defended him once. Just keep pointing out he has nothing to do with this issue in this thread and you continually trying to make it about him makes you look stupid. That's really about it.

You taking this as me being on "mark's ball sack" is beyond stupid but is definitely in keeping with the road you keep going further down.

I have no idea what the deal between Frank and Mark was. Don't care what their deal was when talking about a bike sold by Frank to the OP. If Frank comes on here bitching about Mark and how he got screwed then cool, but that's a different subject. You bitching is just silly either way as you've had no dealings with either one and your logic doesn't work with your supposed reasoning. Even if you're not friends with Frank you're still bitching about Mark on behalf of someone you are friends with. Something has you truly upset at him to the point of looking nuts given you've never done business with the man yourself.

You also really need to look up heresay. As long as those first person messages are not posted by the first people then it's heresay. You haven't had a single motor built by Mark have you? You are posting the words of other people aren't you? Heresay. You seem to be confused because it's not heresay to you since you're hearing from those people - and that is correct, TO you it's not heresay. FROM you it is heresay. Welcome to words and their meanings.... :D

sill'r B sill'd, TSC_113 and VFR#52 like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

9. Jht643

Jht643 Well-Known Member

And the crack in the frame (did he ever go back and take a look at that to verify?) I guess one could argue that the crack is less malicious though.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Crack was an optical illusion.

Jht643 and Britt like this.
  11. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Hmmm.....;)

12. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Is mj on this site? Or is he just gonna talk with melk in person?

13. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Well expect to be asked for one more often now. I sure as hell would if I was having a motor built, even if the builder had a spotless history and came highly recommended. You know possible caste system and all. I would hope a reputable builder wouldn't take offense to being asked either. Kind of protects them too.

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Now the time he called is being pulled into talks?

Again, fuck me out of 12k and Ill show up with fucking spot lights and bull horns at 3 in the morning to get somebody the fuck up if I had to.

gixer1100 likes this.
  15. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Because, Gro... er, Broome. :Poke:

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

With your leave, if I may be allowed to expand upon that....

Hearsay: a statement made out of court that is offered in court as evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted.

Elements:
    (1) out of court statement;
    (2) offered in court;
    (3) to prove the truth of the matter asserted (in the statement).

In any proceeding, the decision-maker’s role (usually a judge or, here, the Beebs) is that of "gatekeeper" to ensure that submitted evidence is reliable and relevant to the issues at hand. Thus, it’s the job of the decision-maker in a proceeding (here, the WERA Court of Public Opinion ("WCOPO", a.k.a "Internet Lynch Mob") to determine whether evidence offered as proof is credible.

There are three evidentiary rules that help the decision-maker reach this determination:
    (1) Before being allowed to testify, a witness generally must swear or affirm that his or her testimony will be truthful.
    (2) The witness must be personally present at the trial or proceeding in order to allow the judge or jury to observe the testimony firsthand.
    (3) The witness is subject to cross-examination at the option of any party who did not call the witness to testify.

In keeping with these three evidentiary requirements, the Hearsay Rule prohibits most statements made outside a courtroom from being used as evidence in court. This is because statements made out of court are generally not made under oath, the decision-maker cannot personally observe the demeanor of someone who makes a statement outside the courtroom, and an opposing party cannot cross-examine the declarant (the person who made the statement).

Out-of-court statements hinder the ability of the decision-maker to probe testimony for inaccuracies caused by ambiguity, insincerity, faulty perception, or erroneous memory. Thus, statements made out of court are perceived as untrustworthy.

Here, Greg has no first-hand experience with person Y as a cheat and, therefore, he has no relevant information to offer. However, Greg is offering someone else’s statement (person X emailed me and said he has first-hand knowledge that person Y cheated him/her) as evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted (Y is a cheat).

Applying the three evidentiary requirements:

(1) Greg has affirm to the WERA Court of Public Opinion that his testimony will be truthful. However, person X, who emailed Greg, has not affirm to the WERA Court of Public Opinion that their testimony will be truthful

(2) Greg has personally appeared here on the Beebs to allow the WERA Court of Public Opinion to observe his testimony firsthand. However, Person X has not appeared here on the BBS to allow the WERA Court of Public Opinion to observe his/her testimony firsthand.

(3) Greg has been subject to (intense) cross-examination by the WERA Court of Public Opinion. Whereas, because they have not appeared here on the BBS, person X cannot be subject to the cross-examination.

Thus, Person X’s statements, which are being offered through Greg to prove that Y is a cheat, are hearsay and not reliable because they cannot be scrutinized (either by first-hand observation or cross-examination of the statements) by the Beebs.

In our next class, we will cover can all twenty-three (23) exceptions to the Hearsay Rule....

17. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Thankfully I'm not in the engine building business anymore, but I would never be offended, and I wouldn't expect to be asked more often either. Most racers don't know it exists. Every engine I built had one, it just wasn't common for customers to ask for one.

18. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Stand by with that thought.....

vizsladog likes this.
  19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

:Pop:

20. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

This should be good.