1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

I'm just here to watch...

2. ton

ton Arf!

all the stuff he heard from those folks that contacted him were facts. not hearsay ;)

3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Theres no cliff notes..I done asked a few pages back
    I did however contribute sensibly to try and settle this feud.
    Note to self..Jump off cliff before reading all this..Best cliff notes I have found thus far,that and stay the hell away from Igor Strovinsky!! I hate that sumbich!!
    And don't piss into the wind or fuck with Robby the Bobby!! He will get on a plane and beat your ass!! On and off the track!! Juss sayn..

4. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

In Greg's defense....... If MJ had screwed over FBS wouldn't he still know exactly what was in the motor?? The dude built it.....MJ knowing what was or wasn't in the motor makes no difference. I do agree that the sellers should make things right and if they got screwed too they should take it up with MJ. Seems pretty clear to me

BigBird likes this.
  5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Wrong media...:D

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I don't disagree, but why would he publicly admit that he screwed them? In essence, that's what he did. And why would he screw over a race team that, as I read here, he was sponsoring at the time? Things just don't add up all around. I'm not saying MJ did or didn't. Trying to get the "facts" out of Greg that have him this fired up. There's obviously more to this than mere hypotheticals.

As stated by many, none of which changes the fact that FBS still needs to make it right with OP. As far as OP is concerned, FBS is a lying piece, and for all intents and purposes in his world ... He is.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've been thinking a lot of folks don't know much about engines and aren't likely to know what is in the motor other than what the builder tells them. How many actually open it up to verify once they get it back? And how many would know what they're looking for?

BigBird and BHP41 like this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

"You can get a good look at a tbone steak by sticking you head up a bulls ass but I'd rather take the butchers word for it"

E Reed, Scotty87, BigBird and 7 others like this.
  9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

very few if any. that's why it's best to go with someone that has some integrity and is well known. or maybe ask for photos as they build the motor?? lol.

I bought a bike years ago with a built motor. I never put it on a dyno or took it apart to verify that it indeed did have billet crank, ti rods, flat slides (Ok, I could/did check that one pretty easily) and head work. But the thing made stupid power (80+hp in a Hawk) so I never bothered. never blew up either. I know of two racers that had it after I sold it. If the first guy I sold it to had it torn down and it didn't have what I thought was in it, I would have given him his money back within reason (short time frame) and at the least even after a period of time would have done my best to make things right with the new owner.

10. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

BTW I think it'll go 100. :)

11. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I've only gotten a few motors built (all by the same guy), but I got a receipt/work order from the engine builder. It had all the parts that went into the motor, the subcontracted machining and then his labour.

Wouldn't FBSr have a copy of the work order? And if he didn't get one, isn't that as bad or worse than the OP not getting a detailed listing of what was on the bike when he bought it?

Sideshow likes this.
  12. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

What Greg is saying sounds possible but just because the babuskas are pissed at the way it was handled doesn't mean the OP should have to sue to get a resolution. After all it was handled pretty poorly on their end. At the same time Ducti, pick up the damn phone. Some dudes just don't like to text, at least attempt to talk to him again.

BigBird and Funkm05 like this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You would think this thing would have come with a build sheet hmm?

Focker likes this.
  14. I asked that about 70 pages ago, I'd have asked for the motor build sheet with the bike.

15. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Just a few observations:

The Great One and bleacht like this.
  16. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Not on a cheater bike :) ................

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Which would be in my definition of the word facts in that sentence. I am forced to live in the real world.

19. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Good God. Thank you, Deathwagon.

The Great One and odell2115 like this.
  20. Jht643

Jht643 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

E Reed and ToofPic like this.