1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

None of them are posting because it's useless.

Mark has no reason to be involved in any way in this, he did not sell the bike. Just as Grave had no involvement in the issue Dustin posted about. The issue here and there is simply the bike being sold was not as represented. Period. In that case the rider changed motors and the seller did not know and took care of the issue. In this case we don't know what the seller did or didn't know but it seems likely this bike isn't the one they originally advertised given all of the changes. In the other case the issue between the seller and the rider had nothing to do with the issue between the seller and the buyer. In this case the issue between the seller and the buyer has nothing to do with any deals made or work done between the seller and an engine builder.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Aaaaaaand....... he's 100% back! :D

Red Fox Racing likes this.
  3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly (not going through the prior pages to find it), but, wasn't the engine last touched by MJ in 2013? Or, was that a different bike, engine, etc?

4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Exactly.

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I wonder which prominent university awarded him those things.

6. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I'm not saying posting here would be the right course of action. However, the right course of action would include some attempt at resolution with OP. If JR carries on with blinders pretending his dad isn't a thief, that's just as bad.

7. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i guess when dad is footing your bill to race, you tend not to say shit to him - even at times like this. quite an example he is setting for his son though! dad of the year!

8. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Just pushing back against the "IF YOU'RE NOT BURNING THE WITCH THEN MAYBE YOU'RE A WITCH TOO" posters. Apologies if the comparison using "Trumplets" was too close to Dungeon territory. Will find some other epithet that is equally descriptive and entertaining, but politically neutral. :D

lightning97 and bleacht like this.
  9. Sean Jordan

I was shooting for 99%, but maybe I overdid it a bit.

10. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Imagine the crying and diaper wetting if he was out $7,000......

Rob P, Robby-Bobby and scottn like this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That would cut into his charitable giving. Just DAMN!

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

60.5 pages of this is useless. Doesn't stop anyone else.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. Sean Jordan

The only way I'd lose that much money on a used bike is if someone stole it from me. Actually, not even then. I have insurance for that.

14. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I knew it.

Wheel Bearing and oilslinger like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG] :D

16. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Doing the politician approach would go like this: "Due to the ongoing investigation, I am unable to make any comment at this time". So basically, things would be the same.

17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Witch hunt, problem is there is only 1 witch in this story.

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I'm bored.. and can't wait to ride dirt bikes tomorrow. So here ya go. :)

It's still total BS if you ask me that Mark J is not given any consideration in these proceedings. i have been hearing some real ass-hat shit that guy pulled. And a stand up guy that I made the mistake of mentioning a few posts ago, worked for that douche, and left that shop when he saw what was going on.. MJ is not an honest guy by the sounds of things.

Also, lets put into context the way the call when down and who the parties are. You have a buyer of a bike, calling a New York plumber at 10am on a Saturday morning, instantly accusing him of fucking him on a $12k bike. WEEKS after he had already ridden the thing a few times. Not really asking in a nice manner, at a reasonable hour. But in his face in a way, on a weekend. And, it's a bike JR hardly ever rode. Literally a few times, when he was NOT as fast as some are trying to make him seem (you guys can argue semantics on this point till the cows come home, i raced him back then and beat him. Now i count the times he laps me in practice on his R1). This is a guy that has sold bikes in the past, with no issues. That has NEVER been accused of shady dealings.

Now, you have a builder of said bike, that Jr hardly rode.. (he went to 1000s at that time) that is no longer in business, that MANY know did shady shit. John (buyer) says Mark called him and they own him money. Did you ever stop to think that maybe Mark owes THEM money for some stuff ? they had spent a lot of $$ with Mark, and parted ways due to the BS the see going on. Perhaps Mark is trying to do a "preemptive strike" as it were to give the appearance of having "clean hands" in the matter?

No. Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that 1) jr knows everything 2) sr for sure knew everything and deliberately sold a bike that wasnt' as advertised. Doesn't anyone find that at least a little tough to beleive from a rider that is NOT hurting for money (i assure you), and is a very visible racer in the paddock. ?

I admit, as many pointed out, it '"looks bad because he sold it without the brembo and wrong spring". well lets look at that for a moment. he sells it without the brembo thing and wrong spring. two, VERY low cost items, that maybe were used on another bike after a crash or something, and they intended to put back on. Perhaps an honest oversight by a busy business man working 15 hour days, a family to take care of, and a kid that has a few bikes (not just one!). But to sell a bike, knowingly, with a motor without a bunch of stuff ? that's a big stretch for someone as visible in the paddock as jr is. And is surrounded by some good people, who told Mark to fuck off some time ago.

I KNOW Sr could have been super nice, and accommodating, but what little i know of New yorker's (no offense to ya'll), they aren't people that take kindly to being accused of something right out of the gate.. so sure. Considering the time frame that had elapsed, Sr tells John "youse wants too break muy fuggin baulls now?? " with John throwing in "I'm A COP" ..

so take it for what ya will. i could be WAYY off base, and Sr set a plan of action to royally fuck over an unsuspecting buyer over for $4000 or so. Less money than Jr likely spends on one race weekend. Umkay. it's possible. Probable ? i kinda doubt it. Could it have been handled better by Sr AND by John ? Yes, even if you say Sr handled it the worst of the two by a LONG shot.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    Sean Jordan likes this.
  19. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

Holy shit. 70 pages. You heard here first.

20. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Melka, you're a brave man!

I can see your points too, but I just feel if Sr knew he was in the right that he would have proven it right away. And I'm shocked to hear this stuff about MJ honestly.