1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer Beware: Frank Babuska Sr

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, May 21, 2016.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I just got here and am starting to read.... NOW!..

2. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

This thread is easily going to hit 60 pages.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Nah, it Jumped the Shark a few pages ago....

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. Chip

Chip Registered

Well, it will be interesting to see how the OP settles this with the Seller. The fact that motor was the right displacement is a bonus, but its definitely not what the seller represented.

IMO - The cracked frame takes this into complete refund and law suit zone for sure.

It looks like the OP doesn't need the offer for a free over bore and plate service, so maybe we can port his head for free.....assuming he keeps the bike..

XFBO, 600k2, Nick_OMC and 6 others like this.
  5. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

He seemed to have time to chime in earlier....

SupermotoFan likes this.
  6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Thanks, Chip. Thats a great offer. Im almost certain that its the lighting that makes the frame look the way it is but ill re-examine it.

If the frame is smoke, ill have to part out everything.

I still havent formulated a plan yet with regards to the motor.

As far as a refund, well, youve all heard the rebuttal in this matter....

Chris likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Damn dude. To basically eat $12k....you're a much better person than I am.

XFBO and The Great One like this.
  8. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

Chris purchased the rights to my logo when designing it.

9. That's pretty cool if ya'll. I'm sending 2 dirty bike cylinders in tomorrow to get revitalized.

10. You start and I'll finish you off :)

I don't see where your ethics have ever been questioned. Asshoke level for sure but we all know that and it doesn't make you a bad person.

11. Exactly. If a guy says I want a 125hp legal motor and don't care what's in it and the engine builder builds a cheater different story but not the case here.

I expect an engine builder to know the rules and work within them if I specifically ask for a motor that's 100% legal in a certain class. If I spec out certain things like and overbore I'm on my own.

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Why part it out? You have what you need. Just buy a different frame. A straight salvage title frame won't cost you nearly anything.

Then you can migrate the parts over as you check them. Have GMD check the alignment or do sweet numbers once the roller is done. That's the best case scenario because you have effectively built it from the ground up.

XFBO likes this.
  13. Ducti89

Im now in financial recovery mode. Im not spending anything else on this thing.

My race season is most likely done at this point.

And there is stuff on that bike that belongs to others. The thing is a dud and call it superstition but im not gonna go near that thing if i dont have to.

Bobby_Evans, Pixelator and SpeedyE like this.
  14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Best case is a lawsuit.

15. Ducti89

Finding a lawyer that is familiar with motorsports and wants to entertain this shit show is like searching for a needle in a hay-stack.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

D'oil
    D'oil
    D'oil

The Shyster should be here any moment.

Venom51 likes this.
  17. Material failure :)

18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

What ever happened to the lawyer that races that was a member? Ditz? Was that it

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Actually that should say are SUPPOSED to build what their customers ask for...

20. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Small claims court? If nothing else maybe you can waste some of his time. Lawyers would probably eat up most of what you'd recover...