1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F you DMV

Discussion in 'General' started by Krypt RR, May 13, 2016.

1. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Never filled them out. I inform the buyer os the sales tax and they can put what they want o the paper.

50Joe likes this.
  2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I just told my 3 y/o to think before she speaks...

It's good advice. Follow it.

50Joe likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It was sarcasm.

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Your attempt failed. And even if Joe wasn't a friend, it was in very poor taste.

I'm not going to waste anymore time on this, but an apology is in order.

JTW, omatter34 and 50Joe like this.
  5. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

There should be a font for sarcasm, it doesn't translate well to written language.

6. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Why the fuck would they give tax breaks on account of being disabled? I mean legit. disabled like paralysis is one thing but I see people walk out of disabled parking zones like it no big thing.

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

You have to be a paraplegic or quadraplegic, not just disabled. Medical documents from your doctor need to be provided along with other documents. If you only knew all the extra costs I incur every month being paralyzed I am sure it would surprise you. Hell, it costs me $165/month just to piss because of medical supplies needed to do so. That eats up over half of my tax savings right there.

8. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Why not be honest? Be a decent person and pay your tax liability like the rest of us.

P.S. - You're not "literally" getting raped.

[​IMG]

9. Krypt RR

Krypt RR Well-Known Member

I do pay my taxes. It comes out of my check biweekly and at the end of the year when i file my tax return. Why would I waste money and give it away to the sorry ass state when I can put whatever price I want to on an open title and save nearly $800 for myself, family, or motorcycle parts, etc and not give it to the state.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because that's the law and you're cheating other taxpayers who do pay their bills.

11. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

SNIP

:whoosh:

Basically, what you've just said is, you'll pay your taxes, unless you can find some way to avoid paying them without getting caught.

If you're ok with being a sneak and a cheat, just own up to it. Please don't insult our intelligence and act like you're William Fucking Wallace. :rolleyes:

12. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

that meme is great! but whos that in the photo?

a man can have more than one person though. (insert that meme here)

HAHAhaha!

BTW, what does a tax payer look like?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're not allowed to post again until you go buy and watch The Princess Bride. No renting, you'll want to watch it again (and there are very few movies I'll ever watch a second time).

R Acree likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's on Netflix now.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Has he posted again? I think he may have thought I was serious :D

16. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

been busy thinking what they all mean and why, thats what makes that meme so great! possibly even the GOAT! lol like, does taxonomy anything todo with a tax liability?

I may have seen it, the guy looked familiar. i looked up that title and it does look like that movie is worth another look for sure.

17. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

So...

I just bought an out of state, rebuilt titled, motorcycle. I went to a messenger service here in PA, right down from work, to title it and register it. Since it was a rebuilt title, I payed considerably less than KBB used value.

When I went to get insurance on it, my agent let me know that they'd only pay a fraction of the used value due to the title status, which I already knew. That's one of the reasons to pay less for a rebuilt titled vehicle.

I payed about 1k for an '05 triumph tiger. The damned state wanted 6% of $5100.00 for the fair market value of a good condition '05 tiger!

I was able to pay my $60.00 after filling out an affadavit declaring that I only payed 1k. Ridiculous!

18. 178SV

178SV now retired...

So there WAS a process to handle your special case, what's so ridiculous about that? If tax fraud on wasn't so rampant, they could take people at their word.

19. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I didn't mean that my specific process was ridiculous. I should have made that more clear.

What I found ridiculous was that I have yet to see and '05 tiger go for more than 3800.00 private party used sale, and their calculated value was over 5K. You'd think that they could value them closer to actual value and also be able to calculate a rebuilt value.
    How many people do you suppose go in having payed 3K and get assessed on 5K but just pay up?

I better stop before I cross the cellar door threshold. If I haven't already slipped.

20. 178SV

178SV now retired...

That's a legitimate, completely lawful concern... to which I have no specific answer.