1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group buy quickshifter for carb or vintage bikes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by notbostrom, Mar 15, 2016.

1. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

So should be "My review of a quickshifter for carb bikes"

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I concur. I thought there would be some kind of threshold to meet, then a "send money to..." conclusion. Is there a deal, or is it just reaching out and negotiating our own purchase?

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yeah it started as a group buy but a superior product was found with a great price without the group buy hassles

4. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

So, just call rider's discount and ask for TJ to order?

5. notbostrom

Yep

Eskimo likes this.
  6. notbostrom

Update

Install took about 10 minutes. Set up via Bluetooth another 5 minutes. It is very adjustable and will require fine tuning. I tweaked settings all day during practice.

End result was it works well, super easy to adjust and weighs next to nothing. Very happy with it.

7. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

Ummm ... My luck being what it is, I'm usually late to these parties, but - Matt, would you object if I hijacked this thread to flog my own toys?

8. notbostrom

No problem. The more options the better...

9. DonTZ125

(Mindless copy-pasta from the OTHER Vintage Quick-shift thread ... ;))

It's official - I have the controllers on order, and shift sensors (both PUSH and PULL) on order. They should be in my hands next week.

Pricing:
    Quick Shift Controller - $75
    Sensor - $125 (comes with 2x 80mm rods, 1x 35mm LH/RH adjusting rod, 4x M6-RH nuts, 1x M6-LH nut); specify PUSH or PULL

Instead of trying to duplicate and tap in between the ECU connectors, I decided it would be SO much simpler to use the rear brake and side stand switch connectors (not normally used on race bikes!) to access 12v, ground, and the 'safety' input used on Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Honda bikes. Unless these connectors have been cut off, I can offer plug-and-play installations for: CBR600F2/3/4 & CBR900; ZX-6, ZX-7 & ZX-11, EX250/500; FZR400/600/750/1000, YZF600/750/1000, R1/6, TZ125/250.

The Suzukis don't use a safety pin at the TCI to interrupt the spark, but rather have a relay that shuts off the whole works. Mechanical relays are not known for their accuracy for 50-100msec periods, nor their longevity under frequent and rapid cycling. I will provide a solid-state unit that plugs right in, and is tripped by the Quick Shift controller. At this point, I can provide plug'n'play units for all carb'd GSX-R600/750/1000; +$10 for the extra component.

If your bike has any of these connectors removed, I can either offer a splice-in unit, or a set of matching pigtails to replace the cut-away parts (+$5 for a set). All splice-in wires and replacement pigtails will be colour-matched for wiring, to make life easier.

For some models, the connector selection is a little confusing, so I may ask you to confirm which switch connector is which style - is it rectangular, is it hockey-rink shaped, is it two bullet connectors ...

So - who wants one? :cool:

10. DonTZ125

A complementary product is a rev limiting switch that can be set to different limits. It can be used as a rev limiter (good for FZR600s using FZR400 TCIs ;)), as a launch controller (push the launch button, pin the throttle WFO, and feather the clutch - the revs will NOT go past your set launch limit until you release the button), as a shift light driver, or whatever your devious mind can envision.

Pricing:
    Rev Limiter Solo - $50 (stand alone unit)
    Rev Limiter Dual - $75 (stand alone unit)
    Rev Limiter Add-on - $25 (built into QS controller)
    Push Button - $25 (for use with Launch Controller)