1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F you DMV

Discussion in 'General' started by Krypt RR, May 13, 2016.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't know what you people are talking about. I always give things away. If they feel like giving me something at a later time that would be a gift. You can gift anyone up to 13K a year.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I have. Never again. Currently, I'd get hit for nine vehicles, shit, ten...the ones with current tags. Add another 10 and "Fuck You, Virginia!"
    Actually, I didn't need to count that high to express that sentiment. I said bye-bye 20 years ago when it was just two vehicles. Yeah, it was enough to make me move, never to return.

Dammit. Why isn't this in the dungeon? I love slammin' States. :D

Resident Plarp likes this.
  3. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Back away Freddie. That's two posts here. You are bound to lose your ability to hold back by #3 and get the hammer again :D

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And you wonder why people "vandalize" their license plates with Taxationland. :D

PS--Minneshithole is the same way.

5. Torn7th

Torn7th Well-Known Member

Theres a lil know tax deal in GA that if you buy from a family member you get a huge tax break. I bought my R1 from my uncle for 8000 and when i went to the tag office I told them that. Long story short 75$ bucks taxes and I was out. I couldnt giver her my debit card fast enough lol. I was looking at close to 600 in sales tax.

6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

$1 dollar Bob. That's what you put in SC.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. fastfreddie

Crap. What was the first offending post that I skated on? :confused:

8. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

That dude effed you. I've never put the amount on any vehicle title I've sold, I leave that up to them, however they want to play it.

As far as the dmv is concerned, I traded a couple guns for that bike.

9. In TN that would earn you a letter from the Department of Revenue, demanding that you make up the sales tax shortfall.

10. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I meant two posts total. The second heading straight toward the dungeon. Figured I'd redirect you before #3 :D

11. fastfreddie

PA, too, whatever their equivalent revenuer is...

12. fastfreddie

In that case, thank you.
    I was about to get started. :D

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

In MO the seller can credit a recent sale against a purchase, just like when you trade in a car. It balances out so no hanky pankey

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

This guy's no dope. Listen up.

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yep. WI too.

Oddly enough, they're not all idiots. They can sniff out even complex mastermind schemes like "gifts" and "donations".

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive actually walked away from sales because the seller was adamant about "filling in the title". One made a transposition error on the odometer. Annoying as shit. :(

I dont get how States can make up their own rules on taxation if I was resourceful enough to score a good deal well under market & book value?? Especially with a notorized bill of sale.

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

In SC the max sales tax on any vehicle is $300. But, you do also pay personal property tax on registered vehicles yearly.

SC allows tax exemption on one house and 2 cars if you are paralyzed. Saves me about $2600 per year.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Lucky you.

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Lucky being paralyzed? That is the most asshat worthy post on here in a loooong time. DIAF

jd96, bleacht and Razr like this.
  20. Krypt RR

Krypt RR Well-Known Member

Blow a goat

50Joe likes this.