Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Most have moved to an APU device. Basically a little generator that runs hvac and stuff so the big motor isn't burning so much fuel.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've seen them at a number of truck stops but don't see many people using them.

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Do they rent the adaptor or just sell it? Will the company reimburse for it?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think you pay for it at the truck stop, the whole setup is hanging from above you.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think they sell it for $5

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What adapter?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh never mind - the one for the window. Duh.

9. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Dumb question. Do you truckers appreciate when us cagers flash our high beams to let you know it's ok to pull in front after passing? I always do. I try to watch the side mirror to see when they are looking.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do in the RV. Easy way to tell - they'll flash their hazards a couple times as they change lanes to say thanks (or dim the running lights at night, personal preference thing tho).

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

With all the idiots driving these days, I'll bet the truckers like all the help they can get. I couldn't imagine driving an 18 wheeler through traffic.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And don't be surprised if they don't notice or just wait until they're more than positive they have the room. Can't trust people.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It has to be frustrating to drive a big truck. As soon as you have enough room to get over, somebody has to squeeze in there.

14. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Go faster and you don't have to worry about that stuff. :D

15. 418

418 Expert #59

truth.

No matter how much room you leave for following distance there is always that dipshit that gets right in front of you then slows down. So then you're holding everybody else behind you up, and they pass you too cause you can't get around the dipshit. The cycle continues until you just wanna drive that bitch off a bridge.

dtalbott and Razr like this.
  16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Most truck drivers do not use their blinkers to ask permission. It is just a courtesy to let the people in the little vehicles know where the big piece of rolling metal is going to go, with or without their consent!:D

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea…..that is becoming more common.

18. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

You must be new to this right? Do yourself a favor and don't tell your boss that response. :D

19. dtalbott

Why? What is he going to do, fire me?

As long as I keep a good driving record, I can find a job.

20. dtalbott

Yes, I do, and I show you the same courtesy I would a truck driver and flash the "thank you" lights.