1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any English Premier League Fans In Here?

Discussion in 'General' started by Robin172, May 2, 2016.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

To say I'm happy would be an understatement.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

What happened? I'm at work.

3. Robin172

Tottenham could only draw with Chelsea meaning the Foxes take the title.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Is that the team that had a draw with MU yesterday? I don't get to watch much.

5. Robin172

Yes. It really is an incredible achievement.

ew422 likes this.
  6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Cool. I was reading about it this morning.

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Gonna be pretty funny to watch this:

Congratulations to Leicster!

8. caferace

caferace No.

Some guy named Lester won.

-jim

(spelled it that way on purpose :) )

9. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

As a Man City supporter I am not happy with the way the season went. I can only hope for a better showing against REAL on Wed.
    Claudio must be in heaven right now, no one gave them a shot at winning the premier league. They had a great season and are well deservin of the Barclay's title.
    My only real happiness from the season is seeing Chelsea at .500.

Lee#144 likes this.
  10. Robin172

For the one and only time in my life I was Chelsea fan tonight.

11. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Does that have something to do with internal combustion engines? Because if not, I have no interest. At all.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Fooseball is gayer than a mouth full of dicks. :D

13. Robin172

Says Mr Elitist with his Lacrosse:p

14. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Chelsea fan here. Glad we could help :beer:
    Am I crazy or did I see/read somewhere that some local fan put a few shillings on the foxes winning the leagues this year with horrendous odds? Homie getting paid now!

15. Robin172

Odds at the start of the season were 5000-1 to win the league. To give some perspective to that, the 1980 Miracle on Ice team were 1,000-1 to win. A few people are making a bit of money.

16. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I was in Vegas back in September watching college football with a buddy. Three ladies sit next to us in the book at MGM to watch football. They were from Leicester watching the match against Man U. They said they go every year to put $100 down on Leicester and all grew up in the city. Man U won that day, they said its par for the course but they watch every game.

I have no idea what odds they got at that time but I bet they are happy tonight!

17. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Thought I read Kim kardashian had better odds of being elected President than Leicester had of winning the league.

18. Robin172

That was probably the game against Arsenal. Manure haven't beaten them this season.

True, along with Elvis being found alive and Hugh Hefner declaring he is still a virgin.

19. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

You know what it was arsenal now that you said it.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Saw something Sunday morning about LC and the odds so I watched the game - love rooting for underdogs. Didn't watch the Tottenham game but kept up with it some - major congrats to LC for winning the championship.

Upside is while I still don't understand the extra time after 90 I do at least now know a lot more about the points championship for Premier League and tie-breakers in it :D