MotoGP | Qatar | 2016 | Mar 20

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 14, 2016.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

A few years ago I watched WSBK, AMA, and MotoGP, all on tv. Now I get none of those. How does this grow viewership?

Oh well. Time to make sure my RRW subscription is up to date!!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are all on TV, all on the same channel even.

Dragginass and tecknojoe like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, but for me to get Al Jezzera sports I have to upgrade and get a new receiver. Like another $50 from what those Clownbakes told me.

Meh.

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Why are you getting Al Jezzera sports when the races are on BeIN? Or are they one in the same?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Guess who owns BeIn :D

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The al qaeda sports network, baby! :D

Who are the announcers on Bein? Just big head?

8. TV...that's the primitive thing we were stuck with before live and on-demand streaming over the Internet, yes? :Poke:

turbulence likes this.
  9. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

yeah, i've been a MGP.com subscriber for like 4 years now and just this year i subscribed to the WSBK pass to root for america... honestly it's the best thing ever. i'll never miss a race because of cable scheduling conflicts, i don't have to watch any commercials, i get practices and qualifyings and podiums, and interviews.... and i can watch it on my phone or iPad wherever i am... airplane, traveling, work, etc. with Apple TV i can watch it on any tv in the house.

for all of you guys complaining about the TV coverage of this stuff... there is a solution... and it's wonderful.

SupermotoFan and panthercity like this.
  10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Kinda neato seeing WERA listed in Greg's credits on BeIn.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I'll subscribe at some point in the next week or two to motogp. I can't get around it legally and I'm just not willing to deal with internet herpes from one of those illegal torrent sites.

F@ckers finally cornered me and it's sink or swim time.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He better - I remember his first gig announcing anything - Talladega Gran Prix Raceway :D

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

14. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

It seems to be an acknowledgement that there's a ceiling to US viewership and that only the diehards bother watching. If you have a small but fiercely loyal demographic, make it a pay subscription. There may be bitching, but the bitchers will pay up in the end.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Soooooo, is this the last year Pedrosa rides a factory Honda?

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

For the first time ever, I think it is a possibility. Hey, sooner or later, you guys were going to be right. Y'all only got it wrong 7 to 9 years in a row, depending on when you started. :D

scottn likes this.
  18. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

If anyone else is looking for an alternative way to get BEIN sports, its available through the Sling Player app . Chromecast compatible so you can send it right to your TV in HD.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pedrosa and Smith over at KTM wouldn't suck.

Pedrosa over at Suzuki, well, if Mr. Glass can keep from breaking something that really really would not suck.

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

If Ducati can't sway Lorenzo or Marquez, and Desmo Dovi fizzles out like he did last year, the Ducati and Pedro could be a match made in heaven. Nobody would be able to keep up with that little bastard on the straights!

Phl218 likes this.