1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group buy quickshifter for carb or vintage bikes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by notbostrom, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

From the website:

• HM Quickshifter SUPER LITE has 3 setting for sensitivity with a fixed ignition kill time, so you can control how you use the gearbox and how you want the HM Quickshifter to work / feel.

The load cell sensitivity is adjustable (amount of pressure it takes to activate).

From the manual:

The HM Super Lite is already set up for your motorcycle.

If however, you would like to fine tune the quickshifter then this is easily achieved via the LED signals emitted at power-up.

The setting that can be adjusted on the HM Super Lite is LOAD SENSITIVITY, which has 3 settings. When the HM Super Lite is powered up, it indicates the setting once by flashing the LED:

1 blip: Low Sensitivity
    2 blips: Medium Sensitivity
    3 blips: High Sensitivity

When looking through their website, it looks as though you order the the super lite for the specific bike you are using it for. I would only assume they test the bikes and see what kill time is most effective for each application.

It also appears they make them with adjustable kill times, but they are closer to the $500+ range.

What bike are you going to use as the test subject?

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I'll ask them about that but it was my understanding the only difference was wiring connectors. Mine is going on an Fzr400

3. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

I did read somewhere on their website that the kill time was set to 60ms. From what I understand, that is not a long enough duration for the SV. I would need one in the 70-80ms range.

Maybe when you talk to them, see what kind of deal we could get on models that have the adjustable kill times.

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

IMG_2051.JPG IMG_2054.JPG

This is why I'm concerned about clearances. You can see where I had to grind on the rearset so the rod won't contact during downshifts. There isn't much room between the rod and frame or shifter during operation either. I also fully expect that this is a problem unique to my mess. :D

5. notbostrom

new knuckle to bring the rod away from the frame?

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I think an FJ1200 knuckle is the normal suggestion for that, but that then puts the rod into the shift lever itself on downshifts.

7. notbostrom

OK keep the knuckle.. replace the bike

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Hah, not quite ready for that yet, I like this FZR too much. Eventually I'll either re-create the old, more aggressive rearsets it had or I'll extend that footpeg a bit so the shifter is further from the frame. Plan C is just figure out a direct mount shifter for GP duty?

9. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

It has nothing to do with how fuel gets into the engine. It has to do with how the coils function. This is important. If you don't get it that's fine.

Most shifters work with TCI ignitions, carbs or fi is illrelivant. I have only seen very specific versions that work with CDI.

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. notbostrom

Do your homework. If you want one buy it. If not don't. These connect to the coils the same way the dynojet and most other manufacturers do. It connects on the low voltage side of the coil intercepting the signal to fire

11. emry

Ahh grasshopper... CDI doesn't really have a "low voltage" side. But, thanks for your answer anyways.

12. notbostrom

So
    So your cdi puts out high voltage lol. Probably best if you abstain from this transaction. I was trying to do something nice for anyone who might have an interest in buying one if it's not your cup of tea just move along. No big deal either way.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  13. emry

I was just trying to help make sure that "anyone" could use it. Hats off to you for getting the ball rolling.

:beer:

14. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

The adjuster is moot really. I have the fully adjustable one. Installed it....worked great. never adjusted a thing.

15. notbostrom

update coming soon

16. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

I may be down for one, please let me know when the group buy will be.
    Thanks!

17. cm1744

cm1744 Well-Known Member

Following. My application would be a 1st gen SV.

18. cm1744

cm1744 Well-Known Member

Is there a timeline on this GB?

19. notbostrom

Trying to wrap up by next week

20. notbostrom

Could everyone who's interested reply with just the year make and model of the bike you need the shifter for.