1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group buy quickshifter for carb or vintage bikes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by notbostrom, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

I would like one by the end of April.

Wouldn't HM know how/if it will work

I assume you have an affliation with HM, but I know there are other brands of QS systems that will work with carb bikes.

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I would like to know this as well, fitment is CBR600F (Hurricane through carb'd F4).

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yes 100 % sure
    It interrupts ignition at the coils

4. notbostrom

The model we will get is not listed on the website

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Reading the docs for the super lite, the one thing I don't see is how to tell it up vs down... looks like its's going to cut in both directions? Am I also correct that it has a fixed minimum RPM before it'll initiate a cut?

6. notbostrom

Nice thing is will work up or down

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Bah. As much as I want one, I don't think I have enough clearance anywhere along the shift rod for it.

8. Dave675

Will you be able to adjust the interruption time?

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

10. notbostrom

I don't think it's any bigger than a dynojet sensor

11. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

I have one. The unit is the same for carbed and FI bikes.
    They accidentally sent me one for an FI R6 and it had pigtails for the injector leads. I told them they made a mistake and I needed one for an older carbed R6- they send me a lead that interrupts the coils instead of fuel

12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I've got to grind on my rearset as it is to keep the rod from fouling on it. That lil sensor would have to go near the knuckle and would foul the sprocket cover or frame during the shift if my size guestimate is accurate.

13. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

14. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

I might be in for 2, but please confirm that these will have no long term issues cutting a CDI igntion system.

Cutting fuel injectors or TCI coils is effectively the same but CDI ignitions operate under much high voltages. If not done properly it will either cook the shifter or the CDI unit.

15. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

16. notbostrom

This is not an issue. Shifters have been around waaaaaaaay longer than fuel injection on bikes. This is nothing new. Remember all the 2 stroke gp bikes had carbs. Dynojet and everyone else make them for carb bikes this one just looked like a smaller cheaper option

17. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

I would be in for 1 at least. Would like to have it before the next Roebling race.

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

19. Dave675

Would this group buy be for the Lite version? If so, I don't think it would work for an SV (99-02), as it has the kill time set for 60ms, which is probably too low.

20. notbostrom

Read the manual but it should be adjustable kill time. Either way I'll be the Guinea pig first so I can report back

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016