1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeez, the Motogp silly season for 2017 has already kicked off.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Mar 5, 2016.

1. :moon:

In 2 seasons if he doesn't win on the Ducati and I'll pay that $$ to the AFF. But I don't believe he would ever win another championship if he went to Ducati.

2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

The Ducati seems to really like the Michelins. From what I've read, the front is working really well on the Ducati, probably better than any of the other bikes. I think JL would win on the Ducati first season, and possibly contend for a title after that.

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I don't think JLo would risk it. He will never get better than he is right now. He won't risk that notoriety.

Whenever Vale does retire. It will mix up the entire field. But I don't see anyone really to take his place in terms of marketability.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, for what ducati/ marlboro can pay over what Honda and Yamaha would be willing to pay. . . if he thinks he needs to earn before he retires, he can earn.

Look at Yamaha before VR returned there. There was almost no sponsors on the bike. He returns and they are fighting them off with a stick.

BigBird and cajun636 like this.
  5. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

That's exactly who popped to mind.

6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I dont see JL or even MM going to an unproven bike "just because" for more money/a challenge. JL might do Honda if he did leave Yamaha in the very near future...MM proved to be a great #2 rider last year. :)

Rossi is batting .500 with his jumps...dont think any of the other riders would try the risk.

7. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

At this point I think Ducati is probably a better risk than the Honda. I doubt Lorenzo would leave, he just leverages the Ducati offer for more cash out of Yamaha, settles for less money than Ducati is offering but more than Yamaha's offer, keeps his ride, beats Rossi on the same bike (again) and life is good for Jorge.

retro53, Lawn Dart and banzai132 like this.
  8. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

As much as I would kind of like to see a big ol' shuffle about I think it comes down to Rossi hanging up the leathers...That, or Vindaloo slides into factory Yamaharrr and everyone stays put...

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

10. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I completely overlooked that...

"Hedging". LOL

11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

So, an "exceptionally reliable source" says that Zarco has already penned a deal with Suzuki for 2017.

Lorenzo is a little upset that Yamaha haven't presented him with a contract to sign before the first race of the season. (My money says that Rossi signs a deal first again).

Tech 3 essentially told Smith to find another ride next year.

Silly season is warming up nicely!

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2016/03/18/2016_qatar_motogp_thursday_round_up_the_.html

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gawd, I hope there will be a second Suzuki team for 2017. They need it and if Zarco is actually signed (I have my doubts) that would be a great place to stick him.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, Rossi is signed up for 2 more years with Yamaha.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Johnny B....

Do eet!

15. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I'm loving this. Now I just hope Ducati presents Lorenzo with an offer that is too good to refuse, and then we can get Maverick to partner alongside The Doctor!

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Damn, the Dr. is gonna be damn near pushing 40 by the time he's ready to retire from GP.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If I was Ducati I'd save the money on Lorenzo and get Rins, Vindaloo and a third. Lorenzo is the best rider out there today but three riders for his asking price sounds like a deal and I like deals. lol!

18. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

If Marlboro wants Lorenzo, Marlboro gets Lorenzo...

19. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Word from David Emmett is JLO has a contract on the table from Yamaha. He hasn't signed it. Seems his statements about staying put are posturing. I think his ego may make him jump ship to prove he can do what VR couldn't

20. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

I think the opposite abou jl. I feel like if yamaha offers him 15mil and ducati offers him 30 mil, he's taking the ducati money. Its a business man...