1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y'all hear about this? Eslick went to the branch last night.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Yup. Where's that 200 results prediction thread? There's gonna be a lot of wrong predictions.

2. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll fly down there now. I'll have someone to crush beers with.

3. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I feel bad for the TOBC Crew. They bust ass, have gone through some serious shit and still maintain a top level program. This is just a kick in the nuts. Hope they can get someone in the seat. They dont deserve this at all.

I've been a fan of Danny's since 06. This whole deal wouldnt have bothered me much if he was there racing on his own dime. His actions put the TOBC Crew in a bind in many ways and in the current racing environment isnt acceptable.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Lame! Let Pumpkin' Puss race but put him on double secret probation. He's stupid, not a danger to anyone but himself.

turner38 and BigBird like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

The New America Social Media Law..Guilty until proven innocent. Who knows..maybe he beats the case on a technicality or is innocent of the charge. All I know is the AMA is not really acting American.

Dits..can we fast track this case to like today?

Dragginass likes this.
  6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Yeah, so now Danny Eslick IS Guilty, Convicted, Sentenced....Before he even got his day in Court.... (or they decide to drop the charges).

Typical in this BullShit PC Climate.

FUCK The AMA, those assholes couldn't even RUN THE GAWDAMN AMA PRO RACING SERIES...without running it into the RED EVERY FUCKING YEAR.

(Before anyone calls me on my cell to reprimand me, I already KNOW all the Excuses...the economy...motorcycle sales....all the standard BS excuses that you want to say instead of saying "Incompetence in The Management and Oversight"...so don't waste the dime)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  7. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Good old AMA, prevent him from racing first and then wait to see how the case turns out. What a crock of shit.

Dragginass likes this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Shitty he's not allowed to race from this fans perspective, but "you buy the ticket, you take the ride".

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Britt, can't man, I just checked and I don't have your cell number. :D

and there's the fact I basically agree. Maybe not as passionately, not to the same extent and not in the same boat but we're on the same lake.

10. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Come on. I'm a pro at that.
    I'm the Rossi of the beer crushing world.

triplestrong likes this.
  11. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

He not only bought the ticket to the race he also bought the license, he should be allowed to ride.

12. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Damn. I had you pegged for a whiskey man.

13. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

I'll "like" that.

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Guilty in a court of law or not, it is pretty clear he messed up. If I were ASRA / Daytona, I might have heard him out. If he 100% denied doing it, maybe I could see them letting him race until the trial or settlement, but from the sounds of that apology, it is pretty clear he knows he messed up.

Did the AMA / DMG do a lousy at running pro road racing here in the states? Yes. I think just about everyone is in agreement on that. So can we please move on from that now instead of re-hashing it constantly? It really has nothing to do with what is going on here. Even if the AMA says and does nothing the ASRA and Daytona say he can't race.

15. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I'm torn on the decision of the AMA. Bad press for our sport is never a good thing, and the 2x winner supposedly assaulting a cop is bad. I see why the AMA is up in arms, and why they would go for a ban. The motorcycle stigma in this country is bad enough without the pros getting arrested before they go for a 3rd win.

I'm also torn on the whole guilty until proven innocent aspect of the suspension. From what Danny said in his apology, he clearly did something to be sorry for. Whether of not that was enough for a suspension... I can see both sides of the story.

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm bummed for his team and sponsors. Also bummed we don't get to witness a possible 3 peat.

17. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Here we go...
    People confusing Constitutional Rights with "Privileges" that an organization provides.
    Funny lots of people wanted it to be a PROfessionally sanctioned race... Now they don't. LoL.

Edit-Also ASRA was mentioned in the press release so why just flame the AMA. Spread the love.

Ride safe,
    AAron

rk97, R Acree and dickie doo like this.
  18. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Has TOBC asked Eric Stump what he's doing this weekend?? :)

rk97 and DucatiBomber like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't care one bit about the 3-peat but I wish he could race for the sake of his team. His actions screwed anyone else was involved in this project. Then again, the flipside is that he was not an unknown quantity when they hired him. They took a chance and got burned. But that really sucks for them.

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Yes...because AMA holds the "Sanction"...they say...it gets done.

You may "Forgive and Forget"...what AMA/DMG ....and that bunch did to RoadRacing...I Don't/Won't....You carry on though..I will continue to :dead:.

dickie doo likes this.