1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qatar

Discussion in 'General' started by TSWebster, Mar 2, 2016.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

We're not discussing how many shirts one can sell, we're talking about on track results. Those little stats that you like to compare Dani to, you have to compare them equally to everyone else. You don't seem to want to do that.

No one denies Rossi is the star of the show.

Since you also wanted to talk about his teammates let's examine that.

2006 - Hayden. Dani's Rookie year. We all know that story
    2007 - Hayden. Dani beats him.
    2008 - Hayden. Dani beats him.
    2009 - Dovi. Dani beats him.
    2010 - Dovi. Dani beats him
    2011 - Dovi/Stoner. Dovi beats him by 10 points after missing 3 races due to injury.
    2012 - Stoner. Dani beats him by 18 points. Stoner misses 3 races
    2013 - Marquez. Duh
    2014 - Marquez. Duh
    2015 - Marquez.

He lost to teammates who have been two of the fastest riders to throw a leg over a Motogp machine in the history of the sport. And because of that, he's below average. Sure.

throwdown likes this.
  2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

It's actually simple really. He is always in the front. This game is about advertising money. Hence the Repsol, branding. He is more in the front than the rest of them could be besides, Rossi, JLo and MM. It's just that simple. They maximize their advertising dollar because he is always on TV. Go ahead, without looking tell me tell me who Bradl or Baz's sponsors are. Bradl had the talent to run in the front, but not ALWAYS in the front, so now he rides the crap Ape.

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh and for the record I don't particularly like him, but he is one of the best riders. I'd say if it weren't for his timing he would have been reigning supreme for a couple years.

4. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

The measurable facts say that he hasn't won, not that he hasn't won a race, but no title. That doesn't work in his favor.

There's one title winner. Other than the Stoner on the Ducati title, it hasn't been outside of the Yamaha and Honda riders' hands.
    Even when Honder was allowed the 3rd Repsol bike, Dani wasn't on average 2nd in the final standings. [/QUOTE]

4 times his teammate was the world champion on the same bike at the end of the year, a head to head stat.

Dovi I like, Cal not so much :D

He's in the front, I'm sure Honda doesn't hate Repsol for the $$$ poured in.

cajun636 likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So you're switching again to not winning the championship as the basis to define "below average?" You're like a greased eel on an ice rink. :D

Not sure what your point is. The title has been on three different brands. So? :confused:

So when "others" fail on factory Ducatis, it doesn't count as a strike against their record. But when Simoncelli takes Pedrosa out for multiple races, that means he can't beat Dovi? Got it.

We gave you the complete head-to-head stars. You can read them again if you missed them. :rtfrb:

6. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Was Dan Marino a below average quarterback?

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Yes. So is Jim Kelly.
    :p

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Shit, Tom Brady was average until he separated himself from the four-time winners. :D

9. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

There are currently 5 factories with 2 bikes each. That means there are 10 factory bikes on the grid. Using math to calculate the "average" finish in the championship leaves it at 5th. Only once has Dani finished an average position. Even taking out Aprilia, he has only finished "below average" for the factories once.

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Dani sucks. I'm at the dentist now for 3 cavities, his fault also, f@ck him.

11. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

So out of the 5 riders you mentioned above, he lost to 2 of the fastest ever in MGP. He beat the othher 2 because he was faster than them. This puts him smack dab in the middle of these 2 groups....seems like a text book example of average. :)

Pedrosa is one helluva rider...pulling for him in 2016

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Since we are talking longshots, there is also the chance that you might say something insightful this year.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Hey, did you guys hear about the tests in Qatar????.....

cajun636 likes this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dude. Can they put wings on the rider too? I mean pilot.

Attached Files:

15. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Just one comment for the haters:Pop:

That Suzuki speed and that is all :D

Now go back to arguing who's who and all that non sense :rolleyes:

Banditracer likes this.
  16. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

I just love the entertainment posts, like this keep me grinning .so much valueable information. I still am not sure about the suzi and maverick.:oops:help !!!!

17. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

god I love it here.my edgimcation is growing ery day

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Boy, what more do you need to know?! Last season we were there with a busted up ole clapped out motor. This year...? Aww hell you fools best prepare yourselves cause Imma SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN BY GOD.

roy826ex likes this.
  19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

How many points and wins does practice count for?

BigBird likes this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm gon show you some pointsnwins up in this piece. Panhandler!