1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qatar

Discussion in 'General' started by TSWebster, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Against the equipment he's on? :crackup: Even MM isn't riding the exact same thing so Dani is in a class of his own - above, dead on, and below average all at the same time :D

2. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

It's humble, not honest. I'm talking about moto gp and Dani on a motorcycle racing forum, your opinion is as valid as mine aka means absolutely nothing to nobody.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Just to post some facts for our retarded friend:

Dani has finished the championship in 2nd 3 times.

He's finished the championship in 3rd 3 times.

He's finished 4th in the championship 3 times.

He's only finished 5th once in his rookie championship.

Pretty fucking horrible if you ask me!

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Well clearly you don't understand racing or averages:)

5. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Let's crown him as the winner in the class of his own! Nobody rides his bike, he rides nobody else's bike.

6. Skrawny

Skrawny Well-Known Member

Dani underperforms on yachtsman exams.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just using your math on what is average :D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dani Pedrosa is a below-average racer. Well, at least below the average of racers with factory bikes. But only if they have the same bike he has. And not counting other the factory racers who haven't won . That about covers it?

9. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

ao what you're saying is that your below average posts are due to your sub par equipment. Got it

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Yes, that's my opinion, below average results compared to the other factory guys.

Mongo brought up the not same bike angle, I disagree, he can have the bike set up exactly like his teammate or not use a front wheel if he wanted to, sucky setup would be on him just like perfect setup.
    10 titles were won in his 10 years in the class, none by him. All other factory guys who didn't win are now gone.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Rules state a front wheel must be fitted. Just something else you're wrong about. :D

12. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Dani just can't catch a brake, even the rule book is against him. :beer:

13. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Is he using brembos or nissin?

14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I hate to break it to you, but Dani has acted more professional these last couple of seasons than Rossi has.

You're the one tarnishing Dani's results but when pitted against Rossi's results you suddenly change your tune and grant him some exemption because of his "brand". That makes you a hypocrite.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Then it seems the Patriots are below average too

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I thought it was his RADAR cert?

17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Back to the subject at hand..........looks like they wrapped up a bit early again today due to dropping temps and condensation on the track.

Vinales is looking awfully impressive, especially with the Suzuki's new grunt and seamless gearbox.

cajun636 likes this.
  18. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

On a personal level, Dani seems like a nice dude and given how bitchy the other 3 guys were at the end of last season, sure- he was far more professional and more likeable, I'm sure he gained more fans. I've never expressed any displeasure with him on personal level whatsoever.

Again, on the Rossi topic, the guy can take his bicycle out for a scouting lap and will draw more interest than everyone else there testing their 2016 bikes. His brand is bigger than his results on the track at this point, and he certainly has won a lot, most likely deserves all the credit he is given. I'm not cutting him any slack, he's as big as the big show he's in, nobody else is, that's just how it is. His riding last year was great, although he didn't take it all the way, it was close.

I also mentioned earlier that Dani's comeback after the surgery was nice to see. I'm not tarnishing any of his results, 2nd best is the best he's ever done in 10 years, all other factory riders that didn't win in that period are long gone. Why can't it be just that simple without any personal motives? It really is for me.

I'm actually rooting for the Ducati guys in 16, and no- I've never owned a Ducati. And if Dani wins it this year it will be just the same if anybody else did- me on the couch watching.

19. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Below average, no- they've won 4.

Underachieved- maybe, considering I can catch that ball that went through Samuel's hands in SB42 in the final drive and also 2 of the AFC Championship games that they gave away after they had those almost wrapped up.
    The 2nd SB they lost to the Giants they had no business winning, that wasn't a very good team and they would have lost 9 out of 10 times that game.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Unfortunately for you, we're not discussing the way he dresses. So it is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of measurable facts. And they don't work in your favor.

How many times in those 10 years because the factory riders finished behind him in the ranking? Do they count in your calculation of the "average?"

And if we are comparing him to his teammates (I'm not sure, you move the target with every post) and using year-end championship rankings as a measure, who other than Marc Marquez has a winning record against him? As far as I can tell, he is 1-1 against Stoner, 2-1 against Dovi (thanks to Simoncelli), and at least 2-1 against Hayden (can't remember how many years they were teammates). So really, your entire case of him being below average rests on his 0-3 record against Marquez. Somebody may take them out to the field behind the barn and shoot him. He's no good.

You better tell Dovi and Crutchlow. They seem to believe they are still racing. :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016