1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bernie Sanders: What he's really about, in his own words

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by The Dung Beetle, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

2. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

From what I've seen Libertarians believe in defense, just not nation building or preemptive war.

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I believe in not having the home field advantage when it comes to war. And, I subscribe to the ideas/principles of Rome. The Roman Empire.
    Just imagine what the Rome would be, if the US behaved like the old Roman Empire. You are either with us or against us was never made clearer than back then.

All joking aside, the Libertarian viewpoint on non-intervention is one that currently, based on what I believe I know is far from something I can subscribe too.
    And, it is not just a function of war/defense, there are economic factor that I value to high of risk to entertain.

4. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

We may have to take this convo to a different thread not to mess up the Bernie thread to much. From what you are saying it sounds like you believe the military should be used to protect economic interest throughout the world. If that is the case I would have to ask why should the military that is paid for with tax dollars be used to protect certain companies and their interest in other parts of the world. Also doing this in some way could easily be the start of WWIII, when we are invading countries and overthrowing governments based on them no longer wanting to sell/buy/trade oil based on the dollar. I know that oil being based on the dollar is good for the economy, that doesn't make it right though, and I don't think we should be able to force the rest of the world to use the dollar for something if they don't want to. If the dollar was really stable and the best currency to use then we wouldn't have to force anyone to use it. If it was that good then other countries just wouldn't do business with them if they didn't take the dollar for their oil. As I'm sure you already know the fed is a totally illegal entity and has nothing of value backing the dollar.

5. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I took one of those political leaning tests not to long ago and it said I was libertarian. I honestly don't know much about it and should research it further. I am honestly just as disenfranchised by both parties, I certainly won't be voting in the primaries.

Ganja Dude likes this.
  6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You have to be legal first. :)

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not if you vote Donk. :D

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

9. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

aedwards01 likes this.
  10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Seriously Dung, you couldn't make a better nickname then a personal friend of mine and sports hero?

Furthermore, is anyone surprised that probably the most racist Hollywood director would endorse someone who also panders to race baiters?

Lol color me outraged! He must have stole at least 13 votes

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And here I thought he was referencing the old Les Dudek tune.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Bernie is live on Fox News right now. It's entertaining.

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Some of us are still at work.

15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I’ll never understand How anybody can’t see right through that shit box.

16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/be...ll-after-emerging-as-apparent-dem-frontrunner

But pressed by anchors Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum as to why he was holding onto his wealth rather than refusing deductions or writing a check to the Treasury Department, Sanders began laughing dismissively and, in an apparent non sequitur, asked why MacCallum didn't donate her salary. (“I didn’t suggest a wealth tax," MacCallum responded.)

Martha....I think I love you! Calling old Fuck-Tard out on his BULLSHIT!

"No," Sanders replied flatly, after a pregnant pause. "What we want is a country in which everyone has an opportunity. ... A lot of people don't have a college degree. A lot of people are not United States senators."

So those of you here that don't have a college degree.....obviously you have zero chance of any success in this country because Bernie says that's how it is.

And for the rest of us, we're not US Senators...so we're shit too!

Everything he believes in applies to all of us....just not to him. He wrote a book, so he gets to be rich.

kangasj likes this.
  17. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

18. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I’m in love with Martha!!!:Putter:

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Luckily that doesn't stop you from hanging out here.

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yes. Luck indeed.