Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia passed away

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jkhonea, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Obama is pres for 11 months, he should appoint someone, it's part of his job.

2. ton

ton Arf!

agreed. hence my use of the word "maybe", and inclusion of two possible scenarios. ;-)

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry about that. I guess I look at it more like the pres appoints and then congress nukes em :D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Although we know that the Democrats oft used term "Republican obstructionists" sometimes gains some press, it's often only supported by those on the left to begin with. It's a lame, and quite honestly, a piss poor term that I wish some Republican Senator would throw back in the face of the Democrat using it. If a spectator's three year old wants to ride your 160 hp race bike and you say NO!, isn't that being obstructive? To my way of seeing the issue, when I hear Obama, Hillary, Schumer, and other Democrats, use that term, all I hear is a whining voice crying about not getting their way. When the Republicans offer another way of getting something done, that's different from an Obama plan, and he cries and whines about it, doesn't that make Obama himself an obstructionist? I'm tired of the stupid word games.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

People are always bitching about the game-playing and time-wasting.
    In this case, the cards are on the table from the get-go and I'm rather surprised that someone is now arguing for more games and time-wasting.

7. Is it not interesting how you call the people "we the people" when it suits your agenda, but call them "the mob" when it doesn't.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure doesn't seem to be agenda driven, seems to be contextual. We the people can absolutely be a mob depending on what you're talking about.

9. With Hawk, it's "we the people" when they provide support for conservatism, and "the mob" when they provide support for liberalism.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I disagree. No surprise there.

XFBO likes this.
  11. No surprise at all, and unfortunately "mob" would be too short for the search engine, so I'd have to manually go back through many of Hawk's posts to prove you wrong, only to have you not admit it, as usual. Though I do enjoy it tremendously when you do that, in this case it's not worth it. :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Moot point anyway as you'd totally ignore the contextual differences. I am of course making a leap in assuming you could see what they are in the first place ;)

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You cannot leap far enough.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

15. Typically, you assume a lot and admit little.

But since you know so much about Hawk's use of "the mob" versus his use of "the people," what contexts determine which label he uses?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wow. Just wow.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't really need to assume things about you, your words posted here have been showing you for who you are for a long time now. Funny how my earliest descriptions still hold true.

Stupid though this is.... My impression is that "the people" gets used in a more esoteric thinking type of post about the government in general and "mob" gets used when talking more directly about what groups of people could do or are doing.

Now could there be examples of him using the terms in other ways? I'm sure there are. But overall that is my impression of his posts. Of course I also have an impression of him being conservative in some areas and liberal in others which of course you do not.

18. He's contradicted your opinion about how he uses "mob" versus how he uses "we the people," in this very thread. I wasn't the only one to point it out.

On what issues would Hawk be considered liberal, in your opinion? :eek:

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No Obama at the funeral.
    There's the level of respect we are dealing with.

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

He appointed Biden to go.....