1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 WERA Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Werd...

2. Hyperdyne

Most tracks have customers that block off dates every year in advance or have handshake agreements to keep dates open. So in order to get a date on the schedule, normally a customer has to give up that date. In perspective there are between 20-23 available weekends in the Gingerman calendar that will work (April to September). Couple that with about 20 different organizations fighting for dates.

3. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Yeah but this is WERA. Just the name alone gets things done.

Besides they had to know that moving that guardrail back would increase MC interest. That's probably why it was done. I think they are begging for a WERA round :)

Edit: Also I just looked and there are several weekends left to rent, including the weekend after the currently scheduled VIR (8/13-8/14)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  4. Hyperdyne

Gingerman needs 0 help filling dates. That's never been a problem. Same thing for Putnam Park. If you want a date there for 2017, you better start looking now.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on the event. If it lists a DH after the National (none do currently) and it's listed with a regional then it's combined national and regional sprints both days. Some combined with a regional will e regional Saturday, National Sunday. Others will be regional Saturday, combined on Sunday. Some if we can work out some other things we're looking at will have other stuff Saturday and combined on Sunday.

Confusing I know.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yall two need to get off the bong. Barber > RA.

But Broome why don't you run the Atlantic Region? It has RRR which I know you said you don't ride much but you can go there and run with Jason. Seems like the closest region in regards to proximity to each other. I bet what will have the best fighting for the champ because of it.

Wade Parish likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Currently no. Couldn't work it out with USBA.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And of course you being pissed off is ridiculous as was explained to you the last time you bitched about it. NOLA is mid central no matter what YOU think just because of your overseas schedule. When you're going to bitch at least be honest, the issue isn't the location it's the dates because you won't be in the country.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You know what, I'm out. I'll try to answer any actual questions but the ones that are nothing more than complaints from the same old complainers in question form I'll pass on.

To all of you, thanks for your patience, the schedule taking this long sucked ass but hopefully a couple of the new things will have been worth the wait.

roy826ex likes this.
  10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

You'll be back.... They always come back. Well unless you lock it. :(

Thanks for the scheduling. You still thinking about NOLA in Dec?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not going anywhere, just going to stop answering the ridiculous stuff that is being asked just to show the person asking doesn't like what we've done and/or looking for more reason to bitch about what they don't like.

We are on the NOLA schedule for the December date but I'm trying to figure out if it'll be a 2016 or 2017 date, leaning towards 2017.

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Gotcha. I was hoping that was going to be the NOLA region was those three and maybe throw in a Barber round. That way it would be good for chasing a Region Championship that I know some people were looking for around here and the extra Barber round would entice people to come from that direction. Also Barber And NOLA are the rounds that the CMRA guys will normally travel to if they are going to travel.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was hoping for that too....

cajun636 likes this.
  14. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Thanks for what you and Evelyn do Sean. I don't think I have seen anyone thank you just yet.

dsmitty37 and cajun636 like this.
  15. LD

LD I do science

Schedule looks awesome, can't wait for it! To be clear, Sean, Roebling Road on July 18-19 is a typo (carried over the dates from last year?), and should in fact be July 16-17 (same dates as PIRC with N2)?

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Sean, has there been any more thought about purse paying sprints on double header weekends?

17. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Suck up :)

Thanks WERA for the 3 Grattan events. That would have been unheard of just a few years ago. Glad the weather cooperated last year and the turnout was good.
    Now let's hope the El Nino year gives us warm dry weather from March 15th to October 15th.

Maybe in a few months if Gingerman hasn't sold those few weekends out, WERA can get it for half price.

Can we get a go fund me page going to put a dome over Mid-Ohio? Anyone that donates gets a few years of free track days.

Wade Parish likes this.
  18. 1. I wasn't talking to you or bitching at you. I was responding to someone else who made a similar comment. But just like the last thread, you choose to go after me with your responses like this and ignore all others as if I am the only one who has a complaint.

2. Of course NOLA is Mid-Central, because you put it in the MC region. That doesn't change the fact that it is the most Southern track in the schedule. NOLA isn't anymore Mid-Central than Road Atlanta is North Central. THAT was OUR complaint.

However, I know the reason NOLA is in MC is because the SE region is already loaded with dates. I understand that.

3. As I said in the other thread, if we were talking about Nashville, a truly MC track, and I wasn't home, then it is what it is. I am used to not being home for some races. But yes, having my run at 7 different Championships possibly ruined because of a track added to the MC schedule that is not geographically MC aggravates me. The same way some people are aggravated about RA being a NC race.

I am also fully aware that you don't give a shit about what aggravates me. You do what you have to do as an organizer, we vent our frustrations as racers. At the end of the day, it is what it is.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Metalhead likes this.
  19. Roebling is one of the furthest tracks from me (except NOLA). RRR is about 9hrs away, probably longer in the RV. NOLA would likely take 14 hrs in the RV, and I probably wouldn't go even if I was home. That is just a guess though. I know it takes 12hrs hauling ass in a car. So im figuring another 2hrs in the RV with a trailer.

cajun2577 likes this.
  20. In events that are combined on Sunday (National and Regional), how do the fees work? Say if you have a Liter bike and want to run in the A/Open SS race, do you fill out separate entries for the "A" and the "Open" and pay entry fees for both races (in order to get National and Regional points)?

Or if you are only concerned about getting points for one series, do you just register for the particular series you are focusing on and you will only receive points for that particular race.

Like if you just register/pay for the "A", then you will only receive points for the "A" and you won't earn any "Open" points?