1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you can't paralell park or back up a trailer....

Discussion in 'General' started by Repo Man, Dec 20, 2015.

1. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Drove a friend's Ford in some nasty snow last winter when the front grab a snow rut and pulled it to the ditch.. so I counter steered and mashed the gas to correct it. TC cut all the power and kept sucking me in. I kept it out but what a damn joke. TC's more likely to wreck me than save me!

2. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

I believe 2016 F150's have back up assist. pretty cool

TLR67 likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well done. Those things had the turning radius of a small battleship.

4. Agreed. I always thought it might just be a silly gimmick, but after having it in the Bacon I love it. I have to look in the mirror anyway and those 3 yellow lights give me an additional peace of mind. There has been more than one occasion when somebody actually was in a my blind spot and I couldn't see them, but those lights were lit up.

The only thing I wish I could change is the distance. It waits until they are too far back before the lights go off. It tried to keep me from pissing people off. :D

5. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

I'll take Manayunk for $1000, Alex.

YamRZ350 likes this.
  6. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Anywhere south of Market. If the streets are actually wide enough for parking AND driving!

7. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I can handle the parallel park but that trailer assist is bad ass. It would have made my life much easier backing the boat in yesterday at 5:00 am in th efog and even more useful trying to back the trailer down the ramp later in the day with my brothers F-250... Basically once you can see the trailer, you have over-corrected... I am buying him a backup camera and auxiliary backup lights before our next adventure.

8. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I took my car to get it washed and an interior detail Saturday morning. After I drove it through the auto wash I pull into the bay where the employees finish the drying and interior cleaning. When I pulled up the kid asks me to move the car to the next stall because he doesn't know how to drive stick. No biggie. When they finish with the car I watch as the kid goes from employee to employee asking if anyone knows how to drive stick, he finally found one on attempt number 3. I chuckled.

9. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Or Kensington.

10. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Happens to me too. I can park my full size truck just about anywhere, but I have trouble keeping my little work car in between the lines on a regular parking lot spot.

Metalhead likes this.
  11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Can't you see the trailer in the side mirrors?

12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

In my Mazda6 I can turn off the blind spot monitoring. I can also set different levels of intensity. The auto wiper option can be disabled as well. Same with auto lights. I have my wipers and lights set to manual but the blind spot monitor is always on.

13. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

You should have made it a true daily double :) I will have to look up the street name, but she lived about 2 blocks up the hill from the main street.

14. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

pfft, I felt it from here! :D

15. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

its actually very convenient to never have to turn on a wiper or adjust the speed when its just a drizzle, you still have daytime running lights with auto headlights

its not a matter of forgetting, its a matter of never having to adjust them or turn them on and off, probably one of the best things in a car anymore

16. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

The trailer is too narrow. Once you see it it is pretty far offline. I will likely add some flags to it before using my brothers truck again. I have no issues backing it with my 2wd F-150.

17. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

I'm thinking it should be called "Rookie trailer control", not Pro..... :D

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Call it the Ford trailer Vaginator I don't care, I like it. :D

19. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

And I thought ABS was the work of the devil!

20. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

On the blind spot warning - is there any luck type of alarm if the warning is turned on but is not functioning correctly?