1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Stout Thread:

Discussion in 'General' started by Repo Man, Dec 10, 2015.

1. ped

ped Banned

like the mt. carmel
    like the edmund fitzgerald
    really like west sixth cocoa porter

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Uncle Jacob's Stout by Avery. it was the beer-highlight of my trip to CO and in my top 5 favorite beers of all time.

The Abyss by Deschutes. they are a little different every year but ive liked them all since 2013

3. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

4. Redrodent1

Redrodent1 Well-Known Member

No one mentioned Founders Breakfast Stout ?

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sam Smith's back in those days.

6. rhouck

rhouck wat?

Allagash Black

Just finished some Modern Times Black House -- pretty good as well.

7. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

8. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Bells has been selling in TN for over a year and a half - because that's how long I've been in TN and I was glad I could find it here.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Majic iHat makes a good stout... I'm an IPA person...

10. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Maybe in East TN... just came to Middle TN recently. Either way.. I am glad to have it.

ChuckS likes this.
  11. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I am jealous. Backwoods is one of my favorites. Hard to get more than a couple 4 packs when they release it here... it goes fast.

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Ever had the Canadian Breakfast Stout? Its pretty damn tasty.

I've been drinking the Saugatuck Neapolitan Stout, Bell Expedition, Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter.

I like the oatmeal stouts the best but some of the imperial ones are good too. I like the Great Lakes Blackout Stout. Lives up to its name! Barrel aged beers are good this time of year. I bought some Hoppy the Woodsman barrel aged winter ale from Schooner Exact in Seattle that was excellent. Also just got to taste a bunch of barrel aged Old Ale at a brewery we've been working with lately. It's amazing how different the same beer can taste from barrel to barrel.

[​IMG]

13. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

I would love some CBS, but haven't been lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time.

14. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

KBS Killer right here

[​IMG]

15. cpettit

I've only had it once when my sister was running a good beer joint around here. They got one keg for a pint night event, poured the whole keg into tulip glasses lined around the bar and once everyone had one, it was cheers time and the whole keg was consumed in one serving. $10 a glass. Good stuff though.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bunch of rich ass dorks with sissybitch tendencies around this place anymore! "Oh, look at me and my infinity scarf and Bultaco tshirt while I drink my soy milk chi tea and ride my fixie to the bar to drink my Samual Steinfelcher pumpkin chocolate triple oatmeal stout!"

I'm 5'2" and I'm harder, twice as mean and my cock is bigger than all you pastel sissy pants wearing vagina owners! Why I oughta slap all the GHEY outta you all!

and shit. :D

17. cpettit

You're just mad because most good beers come in big bottles and you're too little to drink em.

I had this one the other night and it was pretty damn good. Kind of weird drinking a light colored stout though.

[​IMG]

18. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

I live in ground zero for the Great Hop Wars of 2000 (Eugene - home town of Ninkasi, Hop Valley, Oakshire, Falling Sky, Sam Bond's, Steelhead, Claim 52, Elkhead, Viking Braggort, etc. etc. ) but I live for stouts and porters. 365 days a year. I like a different one depending on mood/food/weather.

1)Oakshire espresso stout - great any time beer/ BBQ beer
    2)Boulder Beer's Shake Chocolate Porter - like drinking hot chocolate - thick and rich. cant drink more then one but a great experience
    3)Deschutes Black Butte Porter - Fall back when traveling as everybody pours this one - a bit light but still tastes like "home"
    4)Ninkasi's new Noir espresso stout. Because it dont have 1,000,000 BTU's of hops and they are homies
    5)Founder's Breakfast Stout - great when I can find it. Big beer but awesome flavor profiles packed in here.

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

20 kg gristbill for Sunday's Imperial Stout. Cast out about 10.5 gallons at 22 degrees Plato. In high krausen now. Half will secondary in a whisky barrel. ris_mash.JPG

20. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

I enjoy a good stout or 2... this is what i'm holding onto for special occasions....
    [​IMG]