1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New leathers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Oct 13, 2015.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Thanks man!

2. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Promptly crashing in them always seemed to work well for me :mad:

[​IMG]

This new Taichi suit was good to go after this spectacular get off. Me not so much :(

3. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Wearing an under suit will make putting it on and off much easier. The leather needs to break in (think baseball mit) and the best way to do that is by wearing it. If you can't get out and ride then put the suit on and watch some tv on the couch, walk around the house, etc.

4. No problem. That mink oil trick really works. You can get it at Dicks or any sporting goods store. I will smear some all over the suit, then lay it in the sun for a few hours. Flip it over and do it again. Then wear it for a little while around the house. After that it is good to go.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hadn't thought about mink oil on leathers but swear by it for leather boots.

6. It works wonders. When I tried on my first suit when I first started riding on the track, I was like "damn this thing is stiff like a new baseball glove" and a light bulb went off. I went to my ball bag and got the mink oil and did that and it made a big difference.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I really don't need to know about your ball bag...

8. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

How much force does it take to activate the D-Air system? I could see a fun new version of cow-tipping coming to the paddock. Broome-tripping. KaPOOOF!

9. Haha.

The thing is, when you button the suit completely that turns it on. But it doesn't activate until you hit 30mph (it has a built-in GPS in the back hump). That is to keep it from going off from falling down the stairs or something.

Then when you get under 30mph, it deactivates.

10. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Damn. I was hoping to see you stuck on your back like a puffy turtle, with people standing around, poking you with sticks.

11. Hahaha.

If you want to make that happen, you'll have to punt me off the track. You wouldn't be the first one to do it. :D

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Some genius kid will figure out how to detonate it remotely with an iPhone. Just give it time.

lanehammond likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Well, I pulled the trigger on a Dainese Misano Air suit. I'm an off the rack fit for Dainese so I'm not too worried about that.

Has anyone (Broome?) had lettering and patches sewn on? I would like to pimp it out a little, but I'm nervous about somehow messing up the airbag or its associated machinery. I thought about going the custom route, but I've heard some horror stories about shipping, etc. Plus I want it like yesterday :)

15. Yep. You just can't put anything on the back hump because the computer is in there. And you can't go high on the arms/shoulders.

Other than that you're good.

16. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

This is kinda cool and directly related

17. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

That was purty neat!

18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

That's pretty cool how they make it. Does anybody know if the airbag suits are re-usable after it goes off? I've been eyeballing getting one

19. Yes they are but you have to send it the rep to get it recharged.

But keep in mind even if you don't, the suit is still kickass. It is the best suit ive ever worn, even without the airbag. Since i bought my first ones they have become available in the US and the price has dropped almost 50%. The suit is so good that at the price they are available for now, they are worth it even without the airbags.