1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New leathers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Oct 13, 2015.

1. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Dainese will be servicing the D-Air suits in the States. They are building a new section in their facility in California to handle suit repair (including D-Air).

2. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I like my Heroic suit I have.

3. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

We have had 2 Pilot suits, over the last 4 years. Suits crash well, fit and finish are top notch, plus they service the suits at the end of the year. I have always had excellent service from their staff. Very good company.

4. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

+1 for Pilot. Just tested mine this weekend. Definitely saved my shoulder.

Attached Files:

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I've used several brands and am most happy with my pilot suits.

They sent me an off the rack size comparable to astars and it was close.

They shipped me next size and was closer to the point we made a couple minor adjustments and they fit perfect.

Crash well and IMO look great!!

I could not be happier with my pilot.

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

if i wasn't wearing SYED, i would be in a RS Taichi suit.. awesome stuff. Not cheap, but awesome.

7. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

If the D-Air is in the price range for you it is bar none the best out there. The Air Bag in the suit offers a level of protection for the collar bone and shoulder area unmatched by any other suit. Without the air bag it is still a great suit.

By design it will not deploy at low speeds or for crashes where it is not needed. If is does deploy during a race weekend it deflates on it's own and you can continue to use the suit without the benefit of the air bag if needed.

I had them make me one and received it late July.

8. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

If I had the $$$$ it would be a D-Air suit. With that being said, I've been extremely happy with my PSi suit.

9. wac

wac Well-Known Member

No alpinestars tech-air yet?

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Right now the only D-air or A-stars tech air suits I have seen are for sale in Europe. There is a few press releases, but I don't see any ordering links yet....

After much consideration, I think I will clean and repair my current suit until an Air suit is available. It's expensive but I would rather have this than another broken collarbone

11. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

STG is advertising. Them....are they back ordered?

12. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

We have an order waiting to leave Italy very soon. Last update we had received was the owners manual needed to be reprinted because of an update. That said we have a list of the suits that are on the way to us and have accepted pre-orders from the suits we have on the way. I do not have an exact delivery date at this time. The inventory is pretty limited on these suits due to the higher retail and the additional time it takes to build them.

Van

13. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Astars or dianese?

14. That last statement is something people have to keep in mind. You won't be able to walk into any store and see 100 D-Air suits of all different sizes to choose from. They are built as needed.

People should anticipate a delay when ordering one.

But they are definitely worth it.

15. I am yet to see the TechAir (Alpinestars) suit available anywhere. Back when I was looking to get one, I couldn't even order one from Europe (which is why I went with the D-Air).

The latest model of their higher end Race Replica suit says it is "TechAir compatible", which means the airbag system can be retrofitted later. But it does not come with it.

People need to keep that in mind when looking for suits on eBay. I have seen several vendors on eBay advertising the TechAir suits. You have to get down to the bottom to see the fine print where it says "this suit doesn't come with the airbag system, but it can be installed later".

16. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

No and it's absolute crap. I refuse to buy or recommend anything from A-Stars until they release it. They've been advertising it for years but you can't buy it.

The D-Air lacks coverage imho. I wear the HitAir air bag vest and have for years. Its not perfect but a great blend of protection, price, and availability.

17. Of course it is all personal opinion, but I have to disagree. The D-Air airbag wraps around the shoulders, collarbones, upper chest and around the back of the neck.

It isn't going to protect your ribs or your stomach or anything like that. But for what it is designed to do, I think it is great.

18. MRA828

MRA828 Well-Known Member

For those of us that don't seem to fit off the rack stuff - is the D-Air available in custom (size/colors) in the US or is the D-Air Open Source Armor available here yet?

g

19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

gotta agree to some degree about the HitAir vest. Affordable protection for 95% of the riders out there, vs the high cost of the d-air for the lucky few
    As Chis said though, the d-air will likely do more protection for collar bones, but that break isn't as likely to kill or paralise ya.

20. Check out RST's from Ridersdiscount. The guys in Europe absolutely love them and I watched Danny Webb have a massive off in one and it held up perfect. Think I have a picture somewhere.