1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Ducati 848 EVO Corse SE Race Bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by cpettit, Jun 16, 2015.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I am putting up for sale my 2012 848 race bike. I purchased it winter 12/13 to build for racing in the 2013 season. The bike has about 1200 km (750 miles!) on the clock with oil changes every other track day using Motul 10w40 300v full synth. All street parts were removed and all stock fluids changed when it was put together.

This bike was purchased by some clown who ran off the road on his way home from the dealership and then decided that motorcycles weren't for him. It has 52 miles when I got it and some light damage to the left side of the bike. There was no frame damage only body work. The frame, forks, wheels and swing arm are 100% original and straight. I'm really not sure how this bike was issued a salvage title. All street parts were removed and all stock fluids changed when it was put together. Street parts were sold but all wiring was left in tact in case someone wants to replace it at some point. Bike has never been down on track or dropped in any way since I have acquired it.

I stripped the bike of all the street goods and race prepped it. It is wired as per WERA, CCS and AMA rules and ready to race superbike OR superstock classes with the following parts:

Ohlins 25mm fork cartridges
    Ohlins steering damper kit
    Factory Ohlins shock (which the infamous Thermosman told me is the preferred shock for this bike)
    CRG Levers
    Quick change rear sprocket carrier
    520 chain conversion -1+2 sprockets
    Hotbodies bodywork with paintjob to match factory look
    bmc race air filter
    Leo Vince Big Tube Exhaust System from 1098R/1198 with flanges to adapt to 848/1098 (from Zemkes DSB Ducati in '09 or '10)
    ECU tuned by Boulder motorsports for VP U4.4
    Woodcraft rear sets with all the folding bling
    Set up for Dunlop US slicks
    Factory quickshifter
    8 level adjustable traction control system
    Ducati data acquisition system (sensors must be purchased separately)

Will throw in the Nicky Hayden Arai helmet I have for sale in the gear section and the pitbull reversing rear stand if I get near the asking price.

This bike is ready to race and win. I love it but I can't justify keeping it just to race it once a year. Just too busy to enjoy it right now. $10,500 OBO. PM me on here or email to motocp600atYahooDotCom for more info, Thanks.

Will also trade for a nice GSXR1000, S1000RR, RSV4 or possibly current gen ZX10R Racebike of equal value.

Day I got it w 52 miles on the clock.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mid Oh VMD:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cpettit

3. cpettit

4. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Nice bike.

Just curious..why trade for another race bike of equal value if it's going to sit also?

5. cpettit

Well, it started off as just trying to sell it but no bites in the beginning on the Duc forums and our local ones so I thought I'd throw trade out there. Plus, I guess like having shiny shit in my garage to check out as I pass through every couple weeks. Also if I get a bunch of cash my wife will just take it and buy artwork or furniture or something stupid like that.

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I think I can make that 3 into an 8 with little work. :)

Nice bike!

7. Kwakanut

Kwakanut Well-Known Member

That bike is beautiful. glws

8. cpettit

Bump. $10,500. This thing is practically brand new and ready to race. Buy it and i'll but a new race bike from some one on here. Pay it forward..... Or back.... Not sure which way that'd be.

9. kpw

kpw Well-Known Member

Sent you a pm

10. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I have a really nice GSXR 1000!

11. cpettit

I love your GSXR and if this sells I will most likely buy either it or the 2011 that eagletangogreen has for sale on here...... if and when this sells.

12. cpettit

Dragged some of the fleet out and bathed them sunday. Fresh pics bump!

I really want a nice 1000 (gsxr, bmw, aprilia or ktm, maybe a zx10) or 10k cash!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Free bump. Cppettit is good people and this is a very nice bike for the price. I'd buy it for a backup but Unger would never let me hear the end of it. :up:

14. cpettit

Another bump for me cause imma good guy (see post above). Very much OBO.....

15. Eshber

Eshber Well-Known Member

Email sent

16. cpettit

emails replied!

17. cpettit

Bump for price drop. Need this gone so I can buy next year's bike!

$9500 obo

18. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

What are you getting?

19. cpettit

Looking at a few nice GSXR1000's :D

20. cpettit

Bump!

Make me an offer I can't refuse. Your kids don't need Christmas gifts, buy this for yourself instead!