1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX6R Brake Lines

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 27stormin, Sep 3, 2015.

1. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

Upgrading the brakes on my 04 ZX6R. I'm putting on a Brembo MC and was wondering if I should still use the 03-04 brake lines. I see most companies offer 05-06 lines but not the 03-04.
    Can anyone tell me the differences btw 04 & 05 lines? I believe the 05 came with the radial MC but not sure if that is the reason for the different part numbers.

2. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Road or race usage? Road std lines are fine. Race, Get full braided quality units

3. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

from the fiche it appears that the 04 zx6r had an axial (e.g. non-radial) master which puts the banjo bolt horizontal. the 05 appears to be radial, which requires a 90 degree bend as the banjo bolt is vertical. methinks you need to go with the appropriate lines for the master you plan on using...which really boils down to one of two orientations for the uppermost banjo fitting. needless to say, get braided lines from a manufacturer of some repute.

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Just run 2 lines from Master to the Callipers, using the BOUBLE bango bolt on the master cylinder. It is just fluid dude, air in, air out. The less banjo and T joints you can have, means the less places air could get trapped, quite simple.

See what Ridersdiscount on here can supply ya, am sure they will have all availlable

# Again is this for road or race usage, as I do NOT know your rules/laws for road use.

5. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

That's what I didn't realize, the MC banjo was vertical. Looks like I need the 05 lines. Thanks for slapping some sense into me.

6. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Specify the lines are for a Brembo MC. Not sure about Kawi, but the thread pitch on a suzuki MC is different than what Brembo uses, so the banjo bolt is different.

7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Good point, great advise:beer: